Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

To be fair you can't really become an animator overnight. A friend of mine has been studying it for the past 8 years or so and is now pretty good at it, but it didn't happen for free.
I remember a long time ago before he went to university he spent several weeks banging on about how good this book is. If you're serious about animation then you should get hold of a copy.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Thanks for the comments people, I really appreciate them. I just wouldn't like to spoil the path laid down before you as I am treading it now.
roelor

Post by roelor »

dlangdev wrote:Thanks for the comments people, I really appreciate them. I just wouldn't like to spoil the path laid down before you as I am treading it now.
I love spoilers for paths.. I don't call em spoilers but good tips :P
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

well, 8 years to become a kicka$$ animator.. .without them, nor school specific education (learnt at home and with tight milestones in places) I've done anims inside game companies that recieved the aproval of all cycle (staff mates, medium bosses, major bosses distro ceos. ) .And, heh,that'd never mean those were good. Just that worked....games allow tricks, and have serious constraints, in anims... besides, if you've long experience as comic artist, that helps zillions.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

--edited ---
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

This is so much fun!

Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

the bowling looks like an earth to me. :lol:
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

I just yanked the texture off from Google, tho. It worked pretty well for me. Later on, I'll post the game up on my personal website and add it to my demo games collection.

Anyway, I'm having a blast playing the game, the movement looks pretty real.

Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Is it very complex to mix irrlicht and Bullet?... if i can't give a shot to the Physx wrapper, i might think of this as a physics engine for UniKa.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Hi Mel,

If you're asking me, mixing them both is easy. I've upgraded to 2.73 and it went pretty well. I'm also adding lots of new features like deleting a WorldObject when its internal timer sets. Another is accumulating damages to a WorldObject which will be useful for duel and projectile damage.

I know you can deal with XEffects pretty easy so Bullet should be like a walk-in-the-park for you.

Anyway, since you are using IrrPhysX at the moment, you might as well use that lib for the time being and see how well you will do. Only decide if you _must_ move to another lib.

By the way, there is a bug in the last release I made, should be pretty easy to fix. I placed that in as a test/gauge/bar, only serious (experienced) users will go through (pass) that test.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Well, i got to compile the Irrphysx, but to no avail :/ so i will try anything that is not too complex. Besides, although Physx is a good physics engine, and have hardware acceleration available, my needs still aren't that bad, and, if need arises, i still can set a simple stage for the physics, and keep the graphics of the stage outside the Physics simulation. I'm not planning on doing something too "physically" demanding, In this case, even the collision manager of Irrlicht could do the deal i have in mind, still, i want to mess with physics... so, i'll give a shot to that too. I'd rather perhaps that irrlicht had a nice hardware accelerated skin system than a physics engine integrated into it, though, for starters, maybe it would be a good idea Irrlicht also had something basic in physics too, beyond the collision detection, but this is more a small talk than a real petition XD.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
VIPer_ff

Post by VIPer_ff »

our early dev screenshot

andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

hi all! :D

just thought I should say hello once in a while :wink: and post some screenshots of some of the projects I made with Irrlicht.
These are tests and demos I made to learn more about graphic elements and how they look and work inside Irrlicht.

cya
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Wow! Awesome screen shots. Cool.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Those screens are great! :) keep them coming! XD