iPhone?

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
noelrocha

updates?

Post by noelrocha »

Hi,

any updates about this?

[]'s

Noel
Sherry Haibara

Post by Sherry Haibara »

Seems that they've died. I hope there's someone working on this porting, it would be awesome.

Sherry Haibara
grafikrobot

Post by grafikrobot »

At least I haven't gone away... Just really, really, really busy trying to get an iPhone game shipped in the next 3 weeks!!
Sherry Haibara

Post by Sherry Haibara »

grafikrobot wrote:At least I haven't gone away... Just really, really, really busy trying to get an iPhone game shipped in the next 3 weeks!!
What kind of game, if I can ask without going off topic?
Anyway, if you didn't present it at Apple within the 7th of july, it will probably take a while to be admitted in the app store.

Sherry Haibara
dabeav

Post by dabeav »

So, the app store has been released, the SDK NDA is lifted, and iphone 2.0 is alive! So, what is the status of the port? Anyone make any progress?
zza-jin

Post by zza-jin »

Here is my effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3UgsVBeqxM

I plan on working more on this during the iphonedevcamp this weekend. Hopefully have something to release next week.
Sherry Haibara

Post by Sherry Haibara »

Any update on this?

Sherry Haibara
grafikrobot

Post by grafikrobot »

All I can say is... soon. See my other post about the progress of the game I use the port with (Shards).
vidjogamer

Post by vidjogamer »

Hey guys.

Does anyone know how I can get started on irrlicht for iphone?

I cant find any information on how to do this anywhere.

Is there an xcode project somewhere that I could use?

Thanks for all your help!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, you need to use the ogl-es SVN branch. It contains a project file which can be used for iphone library and apps.
paff

Re:

Post by paff »

Hi,

i'm currently developing an AR-Application for iPhone and I want to use Irrlicht as render engine.
hybrid wrote:Yes, you need to use the ogl-es SVN branch. It contains a project file which can be used for iphone library and apps.
I checked out the current ogl-es SVN branch but although there is a project file for Xcode it seems that this is only compatible for mac applications - not iOS. Is there a tagged branch that I can use for my development?

cheers,
paff
hybrid
Admin

Re: iPhone?

Post by hybrid »

No, there's no other branch. Maybe the iOS version wasn't checked in. I thought that we added it long time ago already. But the mobile targets are not that good supported so far. You'll probably have to fix this on your own for now, or search for other versions which you might find on the forum.
paff

Post by paff »

Thanks for your quick reply - I'll search the forum for more info about working versions.

cheers,
paff
geoegroeg

Post by geoegroeg »

Can anyone please tell me how to get irrlicht to work on the iPhone?
Is it possible yet?
If not, does anyone know when it would be?

Thank you. I've been busting my head up and down , maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Regards,
George
TheDoktor

Post by TheDoktor »

I got it working on the iPhone by getting and modifying the source from the GLES branch.
I created my own driver that runs with the assumption that GLES has already been setup, I did this because I plan to use it with Android as well in the future and I'm setting up GLES in my own framework.
This is not the best method if you just want to run it on iOS but it did work and confirms that Irrlicht runs fine in iOS using GLES2.

Cheers,
Mark.