OpenGLES 1.1 Driver Porting Issues

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

The Irrlicht logo should look like this :D
alpha blending problem? Don't know what you mean. The white texture is probably due to lack of texture format support in the OpenGL driver. The seg fault is probably a problem of the emulator. I also get some of them, but the debugger cannot locate a problem in Irrlicht code.
The volume light problem looks like a render state problem, but I couldn't track it down. I'll wait until I have the hw.
The parallax and bump mapping requires shaders, now they are replaced by solid material implementations.
The RTT usually uses a texture based fallback (not FBOs as in the usual OpenGL implementations), which can lead to tearing effects. This is not fixable.
The SplitScreen problem is not induced by the example, and if it doesn't happen with the other examples it's probably also some problem of the emulator.
App 21 tries to open a wrong device initially, I need to fix up the init sequence.
Cpasjuste

Post by Cpasjuste »

hybrid did you get my last mail saying that all is working perfect now (for the pandora) ?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, I did. I'm eagerly waiting for my Pandora to test it out :D Also pushed this info to the usual Pandora forums, but with only limited interest - seems that mostly emulator engines are searched for :? I've also put this info to the Irrlicht website in order to attract more people for this branch.
I guess it's time for optimizations now, in order to get optimal framerates on such devices. But that's not easy without a proper device.
seongnam

Post by seongnam »

Even though you guys say that it is working well in the Pandora platform, I am not sure whether my problem in Linux emulator is really the only emulator problem. as I stated before, I used same OS, same emulator, same Irrlicht source... everything are same except the PC H/W.
platform #1 ( old pc ): pentium dual core + ATI graphic card
platform #2 ( new pc): Intel board( grphic integrated )
but the effect is different... because of H/W difference ? the emulator is working on top of OpenGL... and it doesn't use OpenGL extension... thus, it is hard to say only emulator problem... in my thinking....*^|^*
________
Video reviews
Last edited by seongnam on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

The emulator does make intensive use of extensions. You should have a recent OpenGL 2.1 driver for proper emulator usage.
seongnam

Post by seongnam »

As titled in this mail thread, I used OpenGL ES 1.1 emulator. not 2.0 and below information is excerpted from the web site....

Exception from PowerVR web site for MBX Core emulation
===========================================================================
SDK OpenGL ES1.1

TI OMAP2430 (inc. Samsung GT-i8510 & GT-i7110)
TI OMAP2420 (inc. Nokia N93 & N95)
Symbian S60 3rd/5th Edition

Philips PNX4008 (inc. Sony Ericsson M600, Sony Ericsson P990 and Sony Ericsson W950)
TI OMAP2420 (inc. Motorola Rizr Z8)
Symbian UIQ 3.0

Freescale i.MX31 (note: request OpenGLES 1.1 drivers from your platform supplier)
Freescale i.MX31

PC Emulation
Windows Vista/XP - OpenGL ES 1.1
Linux

Note : To be able to build Symbian SDKs, please change the default installation folder to C:\SDK21 (or any other short path). This is to circumvent a problem with long path names on Symbian.
________
Arizona medical marijuana dispensaries
Last edited by seongnam on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willem

OpenGL-ES 1.x textures white/washed out

Post by Willem »

Running the 01.HelloWorld example, Sydney's texture is all white.
Textures in some of the other examples are washed out/white.

Using 16-bit on the beagleboard
Renderer: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1, OpenGL_ES OpenVG Imagination Technologies

Does GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 have anything to do with it?

Do I need to convert the Sydney.bmp to the BGRA8888 format?

Are there any settings I am missing?
Any advice would be appreciated.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

sydney also uses a non-POT texture, which can also lead to problems on broken drivers. Maybe check out with one of the other meshes from the SDK.
Willem

Post by Willem »

[Solved] Sydney's white texture:
COGLESTexture.cpp:getBestColorFormat:
"destFormat=ECF_A1R5G5B5;"
works for me.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ok, you can enforce this by setting the texture creation flag to 16BIT. We will need to figure out the supported formats and adjust the texture choice accordingly. Will have a look later.
guqun

Re:

Post by guqun »

Willem wrote:[Solved] Sydney's white texture:
COGLESTexture.cpp:getBestColorFormat:
"destFormat=ECF_A1R5G5B5;"
works for me.
now opengl es 1.x is ok about Sydney's white texture
but 2.o is bad.
waiting for answer.....