Virtual City

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
don_Pedro

Post by don_Pedro »

@playerdark:
Irrlicht is actually very good to start, in many cases you can have first working code in half an hour, but as you advance your project you can soon reach its very limits. Then you have to write your own code to implement features that Irrlicht lacks and you start to thing why not to write own engine step by step, that would fit exactly your needs, optimized for the project, thus faster an more effective. You have to remember that Irrlicht is still beta and progreeing relatively slow, as only one person works on it. But anyway I recommend it, it's actually enough for most projects, but even if not, it will save you much work at the beginning.
sRc

Post by sRc »

o_O somehow I got through the fence around the building in construction, and couldnt get back out!
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Now add some weapons so you can kill the ones that tick you off :-P
Fred

Post by Fred »

I got about 30fps on an AMD64 with 1Gb memory and GeForce 6600GTS - not good for such a small level.
playerdark

Post by playerdark »

You're right DonPedro. However I chose a different approach. Irrlicht gave me a good headstart and I decided to add/modify the features that I need. Whether I'll be able to update to the next version is, of course, questionable with all the changes since it would be very cumbersome to add them to the original code of the next angine and it is not certain that my changes are compatible with the next version.

I think that the current version is very good and if I branch away from its development now, it still saves me a ton of work over rewriting everyting.
Howitzer

Post by Howitzer »

I've only seen the first page so I dunno but add a bump map for the windows if iirlicht lets you have bump maps Im not sure 'cause I'm just starting out with programming and irlicht and stuff.
Hopefully in my first week I'll have pong:version o.1 going he he
Fred

Post by Guest »

That is... Amazing looking. Congrats!
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

我们不需要你的自由酣然下载和请不使用英国文本 :)
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
fred76

great work!

Post by fred76 »

:D

Very good work. Add a "jet pack" key to travel verticaly. Would love to
be able to get an arial view!
Biscut

Post by Biscut »

it the 512+ and absolute requirement? (I have a 64 meg Geoforce 4, and a Athlon 64 2800, but only 256 ram.)

it keeps crashing when I start it.
InternetNightmare

Nice

Post by InternetNightmare »

Nice.
Actually Demo v0.5.1 uses 100MB of memory.
Yes... I know...
hop2

Very good

Post by hop2 »

Oh my god! amazing looking for the demo:P Could you give me some pivotal code snippets of the project for learn.mail to:ninjaandy@21cn.com please.Thank you very much![/u]
Biscut

ha!

Post by Biscut »

ok, finally got it working.

I had around 60fps in the city, and about 160 out in the middle of no where.

running...

a Asus 64 meg Geoforce 4, and a Athlon 64 2800, but only 256 ram.

Would this engine work for a MMOG in the RPG varaity?
NMK Productions

Post by NMK Productions »

I see a blank website, I would like to try this out truely but, a download I see not.
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Guys I don't understand you, don Pedro who was a designer of this virtual city was last seen in december 2005 lol and you write to him:

- oh I have a problem with smth

- please give me source code !

- will it work in my mmorpg ?

LOL didn't you notice on the site that some company bought his 'virtual city' seamless engine; he wouldn't share the code anyway, so please

stop spamming here! :P