XEffects - Reloaded - New Release (V 1.4)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
thespecial1

Post by thespecial1 »

Nerexis wrote:Yep, XEffects is working with this correct dll:
http://nerexis.boo.pl/IrrlichtDLL171.rar

Enjoy
agreed good work, one question though "was that a win32 dll?" as I have applied the dll to example1 & 2 but both die in a similar manner with

"The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention."

runtime error in main on
ICameraSceneNode* cam = smgr->addCameraSceneNodeFPS(0, 100.0f, 0.1f);

hmmmm, weird???
Nerexis

Post by Nerexis »

Sorry, it is Win32-gcc
Nerexis
Sorry for bad English.
faredu

XEffect is a weapon against OGRE

Post by faredu »

Nice!! I hope some of those join to irrlicht as "standard" material

The source recompiled with irricht 1.7.1 under Visual studio 2008, only opengl works

Why SSAO has not effect on border of window?
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

It's a problem with the sampling. Being a screen-space (SSAO = Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) algorithm it has no information about anything other than what can be seen on the screen, therefore the edges have no valid information to perform the necessary sampling with.

Cheers
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Nerexis

Post by Nerexis »

What about normal/bump/parralax mapping shader?
Nerexis
Sorry for bad English.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Why is it that every addition to irrlicht that adds per pixel lighting and dynamic shadows does not support point lights?
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

ent1ty wrote:Why is it that every addition to irrlicht that adds per pixel lighting and dynamic shadows does not support point lights?
Doesn't the last screenshot in first post show point lighting? :>
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Yeah, point light made from 6 spot lights :roll:
It does very good for the FPS.
irrRenderer 1.0

BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

ent1ty wrote:Why is it that every addition to irrlicht that adds per pixel lighting and dynamic shadows does not support point lights?
Because Irrlicht doesn't support cube maps. There are ways around it but they can be a little complex. I have already implemented 2 methods in Irrlicht in the past to provide point light shadow mapping without cube map support and I plan to include atleast one of them in my upcoming Irrlicht addition (Soon TM).
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Well then I hope you will release it soon. It's just, you look at some ogre screens, and the irrlicht default lighting looks very poor in comparison. And then everyone wonders, why when some ogre users come to the forum, they always ask why irrlicht doesn't look so good like ogre does. I think that irrlicht is a rendering engine, so things like dynamic shadows and per pixel lighting should come with basic SDK.
Still, I wouldn't switch to ogre, not with their hello world tutorial looking like a header file :P
irrRenderer 1.0

Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

Crazy but I can't launch any of the examples except the Shader Based Raytracing Example.. Every other gives me FBO error/incomplete. I am using GForce 7600GS and I know that it has PS VS 3.0 :| I have even tried recompiling every sample, nothing worked, but when I tried to launch one sample on DirectX9 it got me in fiesta la colors and BSOD'ed my computer.. Any solutions?
SHCODER

Post by SHCODER »

hi all sorry for my english :)
I wanted to know. how can illuminate the scene using the effects. I need a light source and that would have him shadows. but if I add in the example of a rotating source shadows are but when I add just a source with the position of a scene is dark and there are no shadows: (
Im from Syberia :) po anglicki malo malo spikat' umeyu
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

Update to my old post:
Actually I got XEffects to work, but only in DirectX9 mode. It's giving me great performance btw, nice effects, but Opengl is pretty screwed with that FBO error and I preffer OGL more than DX9 :|

Update/Edit: Also recompiling Irrlicht to the latest rev gives kickass performance reduction, from 248FPS at example 1 with lowest settings to 30FPS max with lowest settings :|

Eupdate/Edit2: Seems to be solved after SVN update and release compile.. But still OGL is inacessible.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Hey Murloc, does changing the last value in the constructor "use32BitDepthBuffers" help?
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

BlindSide wrote:Hey Murloc, does changing the last value in the constructor "use32BitDepthBuffers" help?
Nope, it's the same in 'false' and 'true', by the way I have just experienced some BSOD issues. DirectX9 device is making my PC to BSOD sometimes :o

I am running WinXP Home SP3 32bit and it's fresh installation.