Ambient Occlusion Demo

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
fmx

Post by fmx »

looking quite impressive...

although I still dont understand why you're remodelling the scene to "get closer to the target texture quality"
(not that I really care to know, but its still baffling trying to figure out why you couldn't just use the old model, besides the fact that it looked a little low-poly)

:)
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

fmx: Sorry bout that, the previous scene doesn't do much in helping me get the quality I want. But these ones will...

I also noticed the default phong doesn't cut it. So yeah, I will have to write a shader that will replace the default phong.

Last edited by dlangdev on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

looking good. 8)
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Thanks, I would like to get SSAO running soon, though. right now, I'm still working on getting the sphere sampling going. So, I'm stuck with texture based AO at the moment.

Another AO I would like to experiment with is the one sample published from the nVidia website. It does RTT but no SSAO.
jingquan

Post by jingquan »

Wow thats some gorgous modelling, looks like you won't need SSAO for that map alone since baking ao already yields quite a bit of realism. Too bad I can't try for myself because I'm stuck lightmapping maps with gile[s] because cinema4d don't have a lightmapper (and lazy to learn blender). http://pixelpretation.com/?p=212

I think this might be the SSAO you're looking for: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums ... 1&#3192977

Gonna experiment with that code.