Tumle v1.4 irrlicht/newton

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Have you tried stepping into the code to find a more definitive location for the crash / hang?
3DModelerMan

uhhhhhh

Post by 3DModelerMan »

No but the code execution would never hit the breakpoint on the line right after I added it.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
elkar

Same

Post by elkar »

Yah, same thing here.

EDIT

I just tested getting rid of the physics world, and the game starts fine. Yet seen as how the world isn't a physics world anymore, my physics cube just falls through it, which isn't really helpful. So because of this, I'm definitely guessing it's because of the .3ds world. Unless there is a fix, is there any way I can easily convert .3ds to .bsp or is there a .bsp editor that I could use?

EDIT

Ok, now its just singled down to when you get the mesh for collision. This code piece works fine:

Code: Select all

IPhysicsNode* physlevel = pmgr->addPhysicsLevelNode(levelNode)
But this does the lag-and-close:

IPhysicsNode* physlevel = pmgr->addPhysicsLevelNode(levelNode, levelMesh->getMesh(0));
And so does this:

IPhysicsNode* physlevel = pmgr->addPhysicsLevelNode(levelNode, levelMesh);

So is it just a problem with getting the collision points or something for the .3ds?
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

can you try with an OBJ format? or any other format?

Ill take a look at the map code but im sure it might be a problem globally, on those functions.. not just the 3ds. ill take a look over the next few days
elkar

Thank You

Post by elkar »

Ok, thank you very much! I'm experimenting with the code a little bit myself; I'll post if I get something to work :D
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Yea, while i was working on the one project (in my sig) i tweaked this library quite a bit, then i merged it over to one of the random bunches of sillyness that is newton... i have 4 folders each with a different newton SDK.

So im going to get the "latest" one, and im going to make it work and stuff with that and ill state clearly which version. 96% of all errors here are from the wrong newton version and stuff.

can you try with an OBJ format? or any other format?