IrrPhysx 0.2 - Nvidia Physx 2.8.1 wrapper

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
JP

Post by JP »

You'll have to update the include paths to point to your irrlicht SDK, currently they'll probably be pointing to mine on Q:/irrlicht-1.4.2/, which probably isn't where yours are!

Also you'll have to recompile IrrPhysx if you're using codeblocks as the provided IrrPhysx.lib will only work with MSVC compilers i believe so you'll have to get i suppose IrrPhysx.a by compiling it in codeblocks.
Image Image Image
Seven

Post by Seven »

I am gone for a month on vacation but will return to your new and improved, vastly superior latest and greatest version of IrrPhysx. I will put your work to great use :)

cya in a month.....
Seven
3DModelerMan

what about...

Post by 3DModelerMan »

What about grass for a feature?.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
JP

Post by JP »

Aye it's possible, it's done in one of the Physx examples... probably softbody so when i get round to doing softbody then i might show grass in the example.
Image Image Image
Lambda

Post by Lambda »

when will be done the character controller?
Deepfreeze32

Post by Deepfreeze32 »

Awesome project JP!

I registered because I need some help.

When I attempted to open the project it gave me an exception error or something.

I figured, no biggy, I'll create a new project and import the source files.

I did that, and now I get some weird errors whenever I compile it.

Code: Select all

1>Cooking.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__NxGetCookingLib referenced in function "bool __cdecl hasCookingLibrary(void)" (?hasCookingLibrary@@YA_NXZ)
1>CPhysxManager.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__NxCreatePhysicsSDK referenced in function "public: __thiscall IrrPhysx::CPhysxManager::CPhysxManager(class irr::IrrlichtDevice *,struct IrrPhysx::SSceneDesc const &,bool)" (??0CPhysxManager@IrrPhysx@@QAE@PAVIrrlichtDevice@irr@@ABUSSceneDesc@1@_N@Z)
1>CPhysxManager.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__NxReleasePhysicsSDK referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall IrrPhysx::CPhysxManager::~CPhysxManager(void)" (??1CPhysxManager@IrrPhysx@@UAE@XZ)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
I don't know if this means I missed transferring something or what, but I wonder if you could help me?
fmx

Post by fmx »

looks like you forgot to include some header/source files.
maybe the PhysX SDK isn't correctly included in the project, or its installed in a different directory from the default install directory?
JP

Post by JP »

You seem to have neglected to link to all the Physx libs, namely the cooking lib and possibly even the main Physx lib...

lambda, no guarantee for when the character controller will be done i'm afraid... I'm focusing on IrrAI for the moment to get 0.5 out, when that's done i'll be able to get back to IrrPhysx a bit more maybe but I don't know how much time i'll to work on it as i'll be starting a new job soon!
Image Image Image
Lambda

Post by Lambda »

JP wrote:You seem to have neglected to link to all the Physx libs, namely the cooking lib and possibly even the main Physx lib...

lambda, no guarantee for when the character controller will be done i'm afraid... I'm focusing on IrrAI for the moment to get 0.5 out, when that's done i'll be able to get back to IrrPhysx a bit more maybe but I don't know how much time i'll to work on it as i'll be starting a new job soon!
Ok, i have asked that because im thinking to integrate irrPhysx in my project.
Deepfreeze32

Post by Deepfreeze32 »

fmx wrote:looks like you forgot to include some header/source files.
maybe the PhysX SDK isn't correctly included in the project, or its installed in a different directory from the default install directory?
It's in the default directory, and I'm pretty sure I linked them properly, but I think some of the library's are missing from the install.

It was an NVIDIA install executable, so I'd think that they would include everything.

Any suggestions as to what to do next?
JP

Post by JP »

have you linked to the necessary Physx libs? (you have to link to both the IrrPhysx lib and the necessary Physx libs)
Image Image Image
Deepfreeze32

Post by Deepfreeze32 »

Yes, I've done that.

I can't figure this out.....

Would not having irrlicht 1.4.2 be a problem?

I only have 1.4.1
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

I don't believe it's Irrlicht...
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
roelor

Post by roelor »

It compiled partially when I had all the absolute paths made. But I hate c++ compilers. I never can find anything on my mind.
fmx

Post by fmx »

Deepfreeze and roelor, what compilers are you guys using?

I believe irrPhysX was compiled with MSVC, and its probably the compiler you should be using if you're only deving for windoze and not planning to port elsewhere (regardless if you're using irrPhysX or not)