Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Addd perfect seamless point light suppourt and ability to load lights from .irr file.

Lights are created as point lights, if they hav a child circle mesh )shown in blue) it gets turnd into a spot using the circle to deduc the spot lights properties, No tweaking of fov's distancs or powers, the light is confined by the placement of teh circle mesh.

Last image shows indirect light only, useful if you want to turn the lights into dynamic ones for bump/spec/reflect... in realtime.
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Loosk awesome.

This is the current state of things of the last shader i have developped. It is still a rendermonkey preview, and i still have to solve the troubles of those odd spots appearing, but the ambient occlusion appears, for instance :) But in irrlicht it should look better.

It includes:

Fog, Irradiance mapping, Normal mapping, Phong highlights, Shadow mapping (with some blurring to avoid the aliasing artifacts) And the scene has a bit of postprocessing.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Bear_130278

Post by Bear_130278 »

TB World map.... full+zoomed

Do you like VODKA???
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Mmmm I loved the comment about GLSL :)
loki1985

Post by loki1985 »

the screenshot i submitted for the december competition:

Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I have improved the Irradiance mapping shader i already had, it was doing incorrect calculations, and i couldn't model anything beyond an ambiental lighting. Now i place an unlimited number of static lights of any size at a constant render time, (as they are stored as texture maps :). The render has interactive framerates, and, although it doesn't show, because the light is black, there is shadow mapping with 5 samples to antialias it.

This render has 17 static lights + 1 dynamic, directly to the backbuffer, crisp, antialiased and clean :)

The render is still rendermonkey, but this app is very little, so the pass to irrlicht is to load the shader, set the apropriate constants, and that's all folks.

EDIT: instead of uploading a new image, i edit this, because they are too similar.

Now the irradiance map has the shadows calculated.

This render shows all the effects in action.

-Fog
-Irradiance maps
-Normal maps
-Lighting
-5-PCF antialiased Shadowmapping
-cubemap reflection

I think it is pretty complete. The idea is to use this shader as an static meshes renderer.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
fmx

Post by fmx »

:shock: looks friggin awesome
RaverGames

Post by RaverGames »

Wow much better than the old one :o
Bear_130278

Post by Bear_130278 »

Nobody likes my Map :lol:
Do you like VODKA???
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Bear_130278 wrote:Nobody likes my Map :lol:
Hehe, don't worry, I liked it and it has a very rpg-typical flair :-) But you could improve the font you use there, it's a little hard to read, especially in the zoomed-in version.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Bear_130278

Post by Bear_130278 »

But you could improve the font you use there, it's a little hard to read, especially in the zoomed-in version.
Agreed 8)))
Do you like VODKA???
fmx

Post by fmx »

CuteAlien wrote:
Bear_130278 wrote:Nobody likes my Map :lol:
Hehe, don't worry, I liked it and it has a very rpg-typical flair :-) But you could improve the font you use there, it's a little hard to read, especially in the zoomed-in version.
Yeah it isn't that we didn't like it, but it could use a few touchups before we say "great job" :)

Always worth posting renders in the monthly screenshot completion too, you can get a quantitative idea of what people think of it
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Now we are speaking... this is IRRLICHT powered. No Rendermonkey anymore. I have to set the shadowmapping routine properly, but this is the best Normal mapping i've got in a long time... :)

By the way.. the framerate here has fallen to 32 fps, but keeping in mind how slow is my video card, and that the shadowmapping routines are active (although not working correctly...), it is a decent framerate.

Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

:shock: I think I just crapped my pants!!!
multum in parvo
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

A hybrid dynamic + baked approach for flexible quality lighting, that shadow map is only 128*128 using exp filtering gives nice bilinear look with only one tex read.

Now to add Normal map, and implement cubemaps in the final shader, the cubemap baker is already done.
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p