Who is everybody?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
DexterYozity

Post by DexterYozity »

/*

Name:alias:age : NELSON->DexterYozity[30]

RDBMS XBASE
Programmer : Dbase 3/4/5... , Clipper, FoxBAse, FoxPro 2.6...
Ms Visual Foxpro 3/5/6/7/8, Paradox

Application developer : Integration & centralization of
accounting process from journalization to
preparation of financial status.

PC Assembly : PC Sales & PC assembly from the ground up
PC troublshooting/Service & Maintenance.

Hobbies : C++, web pages development
Games development
3D application
Graphic arts

:D VIVA INDIE GAME DEVELOPERS

*/
digfarenough

Post by digfarenough »

ok, I'll play :)

name: Eric Zilli

occupation: phd student in neuroscience at boston university (though I have a BA in computer science).. the lab I work in studies quite a few different things, but I, myself, have my hands in: modelling animal spatial navigation and memory and analysis of prefrontal unit data (we recently presented a result at the society for neuroscience that caught the eye of a lot of people).. some of the more abstract stuff I work on is machine learning algorithms, so I could probably write up a nice tutorial on writing advanced AI using machine learning techniques, if anyone is interested in that

languages: I'm best at matlab and c/c++, but I've experience with quite a few.. including crazy ones like ml where you don't get to use variables.. eventually you get used to it, but it's weird at first :)

hobbies: music, writing, computer related things, cartoons, reading, math
been coding since elementary school, started with basic then went on to assembler.. I have since moved on to nicer languages :)
Fingers

Post by Fingers »

Just to add to the list

Name : Neville van Deventer

History : Started Programming on a ZX-81 at age 10, then Moved to a C-64 then to a PC - GWBasic ..
Since then Progressed through most Basics, onto Pascal tyhen to ANSI-C then to C++ When it was Released and the progression continues till the present day.

Currently I'm employed as one of the Senior Systems Developers on a J2EE Project.

Before that I Mainly wrote programs in whichever language was applicably to Simplify my LIFE .... eg. C# Program to Reverse engineer a Oracle Database just because there was no documentation and we needed to bring the Disaster Recovery Site On-Line ......

Why am I On the Irrlight Engine Forum :
Always had a Idea for a Personal Project but never had the appropriate utilities available, I Want to do this project speciffically in C# and Of all the Engines I've looked at over the last 2 weeks in various languages (Engines for C++, Java, etc.), I've liked what I've seen in Irrlight more than the rest. So I've decided to start the Project Geared for Irrlight as the Graphics Engine.

That's about it .......
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

uhm I guess lol..

name: Daniel

alias: Magnus (duh ;))

Programming: newb to c++ master at html and know a little bit of php

History: I got into computers about a year ago, and programming summer of 2004 :)

EDIT: oh ya, Im 12
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

About Me!

Name: Joe Oliveri

Local: Boston, MA

Alias: SkaterX29527 (Old), ThaDamnItalian (NEW)

Programming: C/C++ mostly, I know C#/C-Script/HTML/PHP.

I started game programming about 4 or 5 years ago now.
Last edited by Joe_Oliveri on Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
katoun

Post by katoun »

Name: Nastase Catalin
Alias: Kat'Oun
Programming:Pascal (4 years in Highschool-College), C/C++(2.5 years by my self ) , some HTML, some Basic and that's all.
Ocupation:Firsr Year student at The Univercity Of Bucharest at Mathematics and
Computer Science at the specialization Computer Science.

I started learning C++ because I wanted to make an 3D aplication and we're unseparable.
Curently working on a project I call K_Game and I intend to make it a sort of
Fallout , Resident Evil and King of The Road 3d engine(+ a sort of Tomb Raide).
Best to all.
Kat'Oun
phrounz

Post by phrounz »

class phrounz
{
public:
Name François_Braud;
Alias phrounz;
Location France;
Age _20;
Programming GWBasic, DiV_Games_Studio, Jamagic, C, C_plus_plus;

Programming web(html, css, javascript, and_soon php);
Web site;//"http://braud.francois.neuf.fr"
};

/*
I started programming on a computer with Dos. Now I have a Atlon 3000+. I'm actually in a multimedia french school. Of course, my goal is create games.
*/

//I am impressed by the 12 years old boy who is already programming with Irrlicht ...
TheRLG

Post by TheRLG »

void Irrlicht::RabidLockerGnome()
{
const c8* Name = "Mack R.";
const c8* Place = "USA";
int Age = SomeNumber;
enum ProgLanguages{QBasic, VisualBasic, Cpp, JavaScript, ASP, PHP};
const c8* URL = "www.hybridmenace.com";
const c8* CurrentProject = "Lawn Gnome Wars";
}
TheHitchhiker

Post by TheHitchhiker »

Name: Dusan Benasic
Languages: Visual Basic , Java, C/C++
Last edited by TheHitchhiker on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Use the Source!
Fraza

Post by Fraza »

I'm 15 years old and from Leeds.

My dad teaches computing at my school and he always makes little computer games (with great algorhitms!) and naturally I was interested. So I started learning turbo pascal when I was 10, then I moved onto Delphi, but I use a Pascal interpretter my dad wrote in delphi (it's amazingly good, even makes the binaries if you want:D) for problem solving. Every year I do the computing olympiad, this year I got all 3 of the program questions (big woo for me lol), which is basically the kind of problem solving I like.

A while back I got NeverwinterNights and started scripting, and that's where I started to learn C++. I have now been using DevCpp for 2 months, I hate the language, but what can you do? I can do most things in it and I am getting better at all this pointer stuff.

At the moment I am making my own Irrlicht Map Format (it probably won't be a patch on MIM so I wouldn't share it unless requests were made). Maybe when it's finished I'll post some techdemoes on the kind of stuff I can create with it.

I want to use this forum because the help is muchly needed! This is the first time I've done anything with 3D graphics and quite a lot of it is rather obscure. Also, I hope to be able to help others aswell, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside! (lol)

I'm sure you'll be telling me off for bad programming in threads to come!
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Hi,
I'm Gaz and I'm a 26 year old programmer from England, I've been writing code ever since I got this book in 1984 (yeah I was 5 years old, but the next 12 years were 'wasted' learning various forms of BASIC).
I haven't written any games in the past 6 years or so, so I thought I'd have a pop at a 3D one using Irrlicht.

My (ugly) website is at bitplane.net. There's not much good stuff there, mostly small projects that I actually finished.

Languages: too many to list or remember. Python is my current favourite

And tsk tsk, shame on all you people who listed HTML as a programming language.
FlyHigh

Post by FlyHigh »

Nice to see a couple of people from the UK. Well,

Name : Stephen
Languages : RPG Maker (1999-2000) hours of fun back in day , Visual Basic (2001-now) good for hacking up simple programs, Pascal + Delphi (2001 only!) a good language if a little basic, COBOL (2002, COBOL killed my inner child!) , C++ (2002-now) and think C++ is the best IMO, but still been taught PHP (ok, but i hate web-dev), assembly(too tedious for me), Java(I despise), Haskell(A good clean functional language, been quite differcult to learn though)
Chris

Post by Chris »

You can add another Brit to the list then.

Name: Chris
Languages: Believe I first started with making games with The Games Factory but that doesn't count really does it. Visual Basic, C++ and DarkBasic if it counts.
djceejay

Post by djceejay »

One more brit... :D

Name: Chris
Languages: Basic (Commodore 64), VB, Pascal, Cobol (I'm with you FlyHigh :x ), C/C++, Java, J2ME (MIDP), ASP, PHP, Javascript, ActionScript (kinda Javascript).

C++ is the language of choice. Making games for mobile phones in J2ME was quite fun too.
Website is at: http://www.fmsoftware.info and http://www.djceejay.co.uk
djceejay
Studying :: BSc Computer Games Technology :: UK
Pax

Post by Pax »

Name: Paco
Languages: Trying to learn c++, some c, some basic and some pascal (back in the day...)