Re. Rotating models in VB.net

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
DGENXP

Re. Rotating models in VB.net

Post by DGENXP »

:) Hi again

i am trying to rotate a model in VB.net i am using the below code but it does nothing

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
node.Rotation.RotateXYBy(90, New Vector3D(6.0F, 0.0F, 0.0F))
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please help us out with this one 8)
AndreOdendaal

Post by AndreOdendaal »

I'm not sure what RotateXYBy is supposed to do but if you want to rotate the whole model you can just use

'------
node.Rotation = new Vector3D(x, y, z)
'------

where x, y and z are the degrees you want to rotate on that axis
DGENXP

Post by DGENXP »

Thank you that worked supurbly

I cannot believe how simple it really is

Ok

Can you help again though

I am wondering if it is possible to make the movement smoother as i am finding that when i set the key to make the model rotate or move it is either smooth and slow or fast and noticebly jurky is there a command or code listing to make it smooth and fast

eg. 3d Gamestudio code C Script eg (I know im using VB but this is just an example)

my.posx=x + 20 *time;

this will make the character move not just on the key pressed but also on the clock time of your processor

I would simply like to know if this can be done on irrlicht.net (VB) using obviously a different code in irrlicht

Your help would be much appreciated on this matter

P.s sorry for such a long post
AndreOdendaal

Post by AndreOdendaal »

Unfortunately it's just a timing/speed issue and you'll have to play with the speed of the animation.

But you can make sure you've enabled Vsync which could smooth things out (read this article Unraveling the mystery of VSYNC about why)