Using a different coord system

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ElJoelio

Using a different coord system

Post by ElJoelio »

Hello

I spent a few years working with the Unreal Tournament engine and as such its coordinate system has become very dear to me. It uses a RH system with the in-game camera having X being forward, Y being left and Z being up (see first pic). This is different to the default system Irrlicht uses, which is a LH system with X being forward, Z being left and Y being up (see second pic). I'd like to know if it's possible to set up my scene using the UT coord system.

This is how Irrlicht is at the moment:

...and this is how I want it to be:

I've looked at the ICameraSceneNode interface and see there's no way to set the View transform, so I'm guessing I'll need to create a custom ICameraSceneNode implementation and set the View transform so it rearranges the coords as I want. Or is there an easier way that I've overlooked?

Thanks

Joel
Acki

Post by Acki »

Right, 3DSMax also uses another system (maybe the same as UT?) !!!
It would be great, if you'll be able to change it in Irrlicht !!! :D
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
keithwei

Post by keithwei »

I also meet the same coordinate problem!how to made camera having X being forward, Y being left and Z being up (see 2rd pic)?How coding?is anyone help me?thanks
and more I use ICameraSceneNodeMaya and setupvector(0,0,1),but no change,i don't know why?Use ICameraSceneNode can.is it a bug?