X-porter Problem!!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Frazz1080

X-porter Problem!!

Post by Frazz1080 »

Great. Just great. After some testing with X-porter for Max 6, I have a fully rigged character with deformations, and now it won't export with animations. If i Compile my Irrlicht file with it, the console window says, "Unknown data object in material in X file: Effect Instance
No finishing semicolon in x file: leFoot
" "
" "
Loaded mesh: Sasha.x
Loaded texture: SashaScreenshot.jpg "

It loads the character. but no anims! What's going on?
luckymutt

Post by luckymutt »

How did you rig your character?
Using BiPed won't work.
You have to create with bones and physique modifier.

Also, what are you using to export it with? The one that gets installed when you install the DirectX SDK ? Or the Panda Xporter?
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

no , he uses a third one, X-Porter. A japanese author, it seems, I haven't tested it. I know Panda works, I know MS sdk plugin had its problems (probably dx9 sdk has no probs anymore) .But i haven't tested x-porter. What attracts me of x-porter (I think I was the first to mention it in these forums) is its IMPORTER, to import x files to Max. But that's another story...

http://mofo.pns.to/labo/max/
was its page.
I keep a copy.

Or...Well, looks like if you exported the x file as text, is maybe missing some ";" in the joints (leFoot seems to be lacking it) Who know sif u can fix it quicly with wordpad "replace all"...

Or load in ms mview (at my sig) , resave there, and the compile the irrlicht project with it again...

You could use Panda.( http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax.aspx )
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
George

Post by George »

I have seen this happen in Irrlicht. If you are loading a .X file, with animations, and the loader cannot find a texture (perhaps the path to the texture in the .X file is invalid) then the model loads fine, but does not animate.

When I had this happen as soon as I fixed the path to the texture in the .X file, the mesh started animating again.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

do the animations work in mview? if not, you can assume it's problems with the exporter. if they do, try saving the mesh in mview which should fix the mesh.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
funcdoobiest

Post by funcdoobiest »

We are using this exporter and have it working fine now (after a littel experimentation of course), I haven't encountered your problem but like bitplane and vemeer have said resave it in mesh viewer, this can sort out a surprising number of your problems. However like bitplane also said if it doesn't work in meshviewer its probably a problem with the exporting or, unfortunately, an animation/modelling issue.

PS Though its possibly those errors you are getting you need to sort it may be worth playing with your animation speed to make sure its not just running REALLY slow