How to get engine work?

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
DeDreamer

How to get engine work?

Post by DeDreamer »

I can't get engine code to work - it compiles, but throws exception :'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found... - what should I do to avoid this? (If have already put Irrlicht.DLL and Irrlicht.NET.Dll in my prog bin folder...) :(
DeDreamer

Post by DeDreamer »

Please post how to get engine work? (where to put dll etc.) I'm using VS2005 Express... :cry:
pfo

Post by pfo »

are you running it from inside the VC IDE? and have you told the debugger which directory to use?
DeDreamer

Post by DeDreamer »

pfo wrote:are you running it from inside the VC IDE? and have you told the debugger which directory to use?
use directions for what? :oops:
pfo

Post by pfo »

It might not be looking for Irrlicht.dll and IrrlichtNet.dll in the folder where you put them, in VC8 you have to go to project properties and tell it which directory to use when debugging.
the_bob

Post by the_bob »

It looks like you are probably missing the Irrlicht.dll file. You have to copy that into your executable folder in addition to the Irrlicht.NET.dll file.

You probably want to copy both files to the \debug and \release folders within your project directory.

I've been using Irrlicht with VS2005 express without any major problems.
3D in .NET - Who would've guessed!
DeDreamer

Post by DeDreamer »

I got it!!! :D :D :D Thanks for you all... :roll: