The specified module could not be found

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
brase

The specified module could not be found

Post by brase »

IDE: Visual Studio 2005 Professional
LANGUAGE: Visual Basic 2005

The project compiles but i am getting "FileNotFoundException - The specified module could not be found." I have Added Reference to Irrlicht.Net.Dll ,copied Irrlicht.Dll to the /bin/debug and /bin/release directories of My Project and have pointed "Project"Properties..->Debug->Start->Working Directory to the /bin/Debug folder of My Project and am still receiving FileNotFound exception.

All help is greatly appreciated.
the_bob

Post by the_bob »

Can you give any more information? What code is being run when the exception is thrown? Or, does the project start at all?

Just for fun, check whether there is a copy of the Irrlicht.Net.Dll file in your executable folders, and reference that copy.
3D in .NET - Who would've guessed!
brase

Post by brase »

I am trying to examples.Net->HelloWorld Vb.net & Vb.net Tutorial 1 the project doesn't start at all. I will try reference Irrlich.Net.Dll in the exectuable directory.
brase

Post by brase »

I referenced the Irrlicht.Net.Dll in the exectuable folder and a Dos box popped up then i recieved the FileNotFoundException again.
Foole

Post by Foole »

A filenotfound exception will almost always tell you what file it was looking for. Can you give us the complete error message?