GiG Action Multiplayer

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
nutpor

GiG Action Multiplayer

Post by nutpor »

Hi all :D

I'm glad that finally, I can release it on times (my timeline).
I have time to develop this demo and map editor about 50 days(include saturday and sunday), so some neat features are ommited :? .
This is an action multiplayer game (for testing before move to develop Online games :lol: )
This demo has no sound :oops: (I don't have time to do this!).

Here are some sceenshots

/*EDITED*/ I've found some Dummy Screen from our artist's archives, These screen created when demo is just 30%-40% complete.

You can Download it HERE.
Please see Readme.txt for more details.

In this package it contain arena map (not outdoor map cause that map has ~60 mb texture size!!!)

/*EDITED*/ - Now included d3dx9_26.dll into package, Thanks for your comments. :D

Any comments or suggestions or improvements are welcome :D :D :D .

Please tell me what framerate you got and your spec.
I got ~320 FPS on Athlon64 3000+, GF6600GT, 1.0GB of RAM.
Last edited by nutpor on Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
Don't look back, Look in the ~MIRROR~ to look back.
AlexL

Post by AlexL »

I love the style you have setup currently for your game, reminds me very much of Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm downloading it now and I'll let you know how it preforms on my systems later on; Keep up the great style and hard work :)

Edit :
Off the bat the application wouldn't run due to a missing d3dx9_26.dll, this may just be me needing to update some of my drivers and such. I'll try an' give this a fix then further let you know.

Edit(2) :
Alrighty, just had to simply update my DirectX version to the latest and all ran fine. Was getting roughly 50FPS+ while running Client|Server on the same machine and selecting three for every mode. Quite nifty style, would love to see this expanded on and come to be something big :)
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Sweet :D !
Ok, I got 230 -275 fps on Athlon 64/3700 curently, 1 GB RAM, gForce 6600 128 Video RAM.
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
Akano

Post by Akano »

240-300 fps

Intel P4 3.2 GHz
ATI X850XT PL 256
2 GB RAM
sRc

Post by sRc »

this is pretty nice

AMD64 3200+, 6600 256MB, 512MB RAM, ~200FPS
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
nutpor

Post by nutpor »

Does anyone try to play multiplayer on LAN or Internet?
I'm tested it on LAN only. And it has no interpolation, extrapolation or client-side prediction yet, Just update as it got data only.

ps1. You can PvP in this demo, but I think its need some balance adjustments.

On SERVER with rendering windows
Press 'O' to turn on PvP
Press 'P' to turn off PvP

ps2. You can play as monster as well :D , but all monsters have the same attack both on ground attack and air attack :lol: .

ps3. Did someone find any bugs? As far as I known, sometimes enemies fall into ground only some part of its head render on ground :oops: .

Cheers!
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

beautiful graphics! :D
pretty poor ai though, it could definately use some of that a* pathfinding code thats lying around these forums somewhere. i didnt get chance to try internet multiplayer yet (anyone wanna run a server?)
good work man, i'm looking forward to the full game :)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
nutpor

Post by nutpor »

bitplane wrote:pretty poor ai
Thanks for your comments! :D :D :D
Yup! :) In fact, the last feature that implemented is . . . . . ta da! AI :D
so it just random walk and run toward player if you hit them. At first AI can jump out of the hole or corner but it make the game very hard to play cause it can jump to avoid your attacks!!! :shock:, so I disable jump ability from AI

I tried to load large map (map that has an outdoor environment in screenshot) and FPS drop about 3~5 times (that map has primitive count drawn ~5000 :shock: ) . I can't use octree because all object in map are my custom snene nodes :oops: . May be I will find another way to speed up things.

In full game, it will has Day/Night cycle with sunny/rainny/storm and NPC will have their activities base on time of day.

Currently, I rewrite my map editor :cry: that use to create all maps in demo.
On the next version many features are planned.

I hope niko will add hardware vertex buffer into next release :D (I see spintz isn't complete his mod irr yet).
nutpor

Post by nutpor »

Oh, there aren't much feedback in this project. :?
So I don't know what you think about this style and gameplay. :oops:

Currently implement minigame racing-kart into game, cause I have no idea about what features that players want in main game (Game design isn't finish yet) :)

So, if you have any idea to make this game more enjoyable please tell me :D .

Thanks.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I finally got around to playing with this.
Great game :)
I never got the camera to turn. I was always looking in the same direction. That made looking down the halls to my side impossible. Mabe add a first person cam that turns?
Keep up the good work. :)
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3d

Sys specs:
AMD 3700+ 64 processor
1.0 gb ram
e-Geforce 6600 graphics 256 mb onboard ram
nutpor

Post by nutpor »

Thanks for your idea :D .
I have implemented FPS camera into this game now. But I think I will upload a new version when it has more features, so you can see improvement easily. :wink:
For now in every version of demo can lock/unlock camera with SHIFT+F1 and view collision object with SHIFT+F2. Use W, A, S, D and Q, E for camera control when it's unlocked.

Now, you can see debug side of this game!!! :shock:

ps. I just known from our artists that I use sprites fire bullet effect in the opposite side :oops: (Just notice gunner when she fire normal bullet, the bang effect in front of the gun is shown in the wrong direction!!!).

Now, continuing on Game Editor... :D