Some bugs (mainly to Niko)

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Domin

Some bugs (mainly to Niko)

Post by Domin »

First sorry for my "pseudo - english" :)

- ISceneNodeAnimatorCollisionResponse

Gravity parameter passed to constructor is divided by 1000 while Gravity passed to setGravity function is not divided... They are should be same I think (both divided)...
If setGravity will be fixed it may be called in constructor just after setAccelerationPerSecond instaed of dividing it directly...

- CSceneNodeAnimatorCollisionResponse

Nothing bad, just to keep code clean:

Redefined method animateNode is not virtual, while all other CSceneNodeAnimatorXXX have this method redefined as virtual... :o)

- Lights and animated md2 mesh

I have build simple scene - light node in center and animated md2 mesh moving around the light. So, when I move and rotate the mesh it should be dynamically lighted depending on its position and rotation. But mesh looks lighted staticaly (in this case only front of it is lighted no matter where I move it or rotate it).

Domin
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Thanks for posting this!

I don't know what the problem is with the last bug: The wrong lighting of the .md2 file. But I'll check it.
buhatkj

actually i noticed this sorta too, but with milkshape

Post by buhatkj »

what i did is loaded a ms3d model of a revolver i made, and placed a light 600 over it. and no matter how i move or rotate it, the top is always the only part lit. i thought perhaps i had to set something or enable something to make the object catch or reflect a dynamic light or something, but havent gotten around to looking into it yet.
-Ted
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net