Advanced challenge #1 poll

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March

which one would YOU rather do?

Physics playground
31%
2 player network action game
69%

Total votes: 42

bitplane
Admin

Advanced challenge #1 poll

Post by bitplane »

okay here's the options-

1) Physics playground / wrapper
either a physics playground in your favourite api, or if you're really cool make a wrapper by subclassing ICollisionManager, ITriangleSelector and all that jazz.

2) multiplayer network game
a fast action game with more than one player, so you'll have to learn/use a network api properly. the game isn't important and can be a single screener (pong? asteroids?).. what is important is trying to make it responsive.

okay I know there were other suggestions that should perhaps have made it here.. if anyone is upset that they were not included, then cry below and i'll edit the poll. :lol:
oh and please only vote if you're going to take part, the idea is to try and suss out what people would prefer to take part in.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
ErUs

Post by ErUs »

booo at physics!
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

After further thought, I wouldn't want to take part in either of these. It seems like Advanced challenges just seem to always involve using something besides Irrlicht, like networking, or physics, etc

I don't have any better ideas, but I'd rather do a challenge that takes advantage of only Irrlicht's features.
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

I might do a shader based terrain system after my exams
needforhint

Post by needforhint »

I am on per pixel spot light
what is this thing...
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

i think i agree with you spintz, i spose a multiplayer network game hasnt really got much to do with advanced graphics engine stuff.
however, if 11 people are actually gonna make a real-time multiplayer game then i'm up for that too!
If everyone's just clicking on it and nobody actually wants to make it then I guess we should look at doing something else... so I ask that all you multiplayer network game voters stand up and be counted! what will you make?

Either way, ErUs and I are gonna try our hands at a multiplayer asteroids clone :)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
Thry

Post by Thry »

A multiplayer physics playground. ^_^
hellbound

Post by hellbound »

You could remake Prince of Persia - the old one all in 3D and with many effects :D
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Maybe best use of shaders? :D

Then again I would lose in that one for sure :P

I know! Best new feature add-on! Hehe little do they know they are working for me! :lol: