Camera slowly rotates upwards in window mode

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
JP

Camera slowly rotates upwards in window mode

Post by JP »

I tried out my program in window mode, to see if i could improve the frame rate as i have to demo my program to my dissertation markers soon and the frame rate isn't so good on other pcs and i can't demo it on my own pc.

Anyway, whenever it's in window mode with an FPS camera active it slowly rotates upwards until it is looking vertically. Does anyone have any idea why it's doing this? It doesn't do it in full screen mode at all!
Image Image Image
JP

Post by JP »

It's in windows, using Jirr (java binding for Irrlicht), so it's possible that that is where the problem is coming from.

But if no one knows then it's not a problem really as i won't be running in window mode as it gives a lower frame rate (even though i would have a window, being less to render than full screen, would give a higher frame rate).
Image Image Image
bearSoft

Post by bearSoft »

Yes! indeed this is so. I found that the solution was to reduce viewport y -In my specific case (6*800) this artefact hapens when viewport y >570
I -think- it is post irr 0.11 that this artefact emerged (may 2005)
Regards.
Tech: win98se| 320mb ram| abitbe6| 433mhzceleron| atiRadeon7000.64mb| soundblaster125| dx9.0b | devCPP | IRR 0.12.0 |