Irrlicht & MingW

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
izguit

Irrlicht & MingW

Post by izguit »

Hi @ all
I'm searching to install irrlicht to MingW, but I don't find the solution here because you are using ide's :)
and I don't want to work with an ide
Can anyone help me?
thx
xDan
Competition winner

Post by xDan »

I guess just install from mingw.org then link the .a libs in irrlicht.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Why do u not want to use ides
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Maybe you should look for the questions about DevCpp or CodeBlocks...
This IDEs are using MinGW as compiler...

BTW, if you really want to code with Notepad (or something similar), all right, it's your choise... ;)
But I really suggest you to use Code::Blocks !!!
It's totaly free and uses MinGW (beside many others, but MinGW is installed by default) - and be sure to use the nightly builds !!! ;)
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
izguit

Post by izguit »

hehe I knew that i would get these replys :D
But it's for a project, that is like an ide... (but not an ide i'm not crazy, it isn't :) moreover, i've installed devCpp :) )
I will try your tip xDan
Frobozz

Post by Frobozz »

Strange that you use MinGW but don't know how to use a library with it. I personally have msys and mingw installed as c:\msys and c:\msys\mingw respectively. I then put the includes under c:\msys\include\irrlicht and the .a libs under c:\msys\lib. For a simple compiling of one file:

g++ file.cpp -o file.exe -I/include/irrlicht -L/lib -lIrrlicht