Porting Changes

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Computer Guru

Porting Changes

Post by Computer Guru »

Hi,
I made some (major) changes to Irrlicht.DLL via the Irrlicht source code (cpps and header files), and now I want to also make a .NET project using the modified source.
My understanding is that the .NET code is but a wrapper that adds the unmanaged C++ extensions from Irrlicht.DLL to .NET via Irrlicht.NET.DLL.
Does this mean that I just have to use my modified Irrlicht.DLL along with a recompile of Irrlicht.NET.DLL, or do I actually have to make changes to the Irrlicht.NET.DLL source code?

Thank you for your help,
CG
HantaCore

Post by HantaCore »

I actually have to make changes to the Irrlicht.NET.DLL source code
Currently working on a C# MMORPG using Irrlicht.NET
Computer Guru

Post by Computer Guru »

OK, thanks for that.
In the Irrlicht.NET folder there are nowhere near as many .CPP and .H files as in the Irrlicht folder: does this mean that some feautures are taken from Irrlicht.dll, and the other features that exist in the CPP and H files within the .NET directory need to be modified?

That is to say:
If I have done changes to (assume) every file in the Irrlicht source (not .NET), what do I need to do to also add these changes to Irrlicht.NET.dll?

Will a patch file made from 1.0 non.NET --> 1.0 Modded non.NET applied to the original 1.0 .NET get everything I need working?

Much appreciated,
CG