Shout-out from the Z-Man

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
the_bob

Shout-out from the Z-Man

Post by the_bob »

Just thought I'd pass this along. Apparently, the Z-man (Andy Dunn) is pretty impressed with Irrlicht. At least it seams like he speaks pretty highly of it here.

And the comparison he has posted there is pretty neat too.
3D in .NET - Who would've guessed!
zman

ZMan has no opinion - sorry

Post by zman »

I wish I had the time to evaluate all the managed engines out there, however I don't so I'm not qualifieds to speak highly of any particular engine. The comments in that article come from the article I linked to by some guy name Cael. I have no idea who Cael is or what he is working on, but yes he was certainly impressed with Irrlicht.
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

We've got to find Cael ! :lol:
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Ah, nice review. :)
RustyNail

Post by RustyNail »

I have to agree....
Gives irrlicht justice...
Though, I still wish irrlicht had a bit more build a simple game step-by-step tutorial thing... But just wishful thinking... But, though i'm biased, DX kinda-sucks, okay, I agree that most games use it and it looks pwetty, but it is just too confusing, to many things to initilize, to much to code. OpenGL is soo much easier. No offense meant, DXers but OpenGL is more of my style...
I have recently discovered that both the Flu and my Algebra teacher have exact the same effect on my health: it quickly degrades.