Very basic steps for developing your Very first My3D object

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
mmh771

Very basic steps for developing your Very first My3D object

Post by mmh771 »

To Newbies, just like me , here are the very basic steps into developing your Very first Irrlicht Scene, using My3d:

1. Build any scene you want using 3D Max (Version 5, 6, 7 or 8 )

2. Go to the my3d exporter that comes with the Irrlich SDK(in simpler words ... Irrlicht Folder) and then copy the "my3d_max7_exporter.dle: that math with your 3D Max version( Note: my3d exporter version 7 work 100% with 3D max 8 )

3. Paste the file you have just copied into the 3d max plugin directory. (e.g: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\plugins\)

4. restart your 3d max application.

5. open the scene you have created in step(1), or any scene you like, lets say myScene.max.

6. Now to import into my3d: go to File -> export.

7. Type the File name you want (e.g: myFirstObject), but don't press Save yet!

8. click on Save as type and choose "Save As: my3d Scene Exporter".

9. Now click ok! ...

And thats it, now you have just created your first my3d Object, which can be imported into Irrlicht code.
Ayne

Thank u mmh771.

Post by Ayne »

Thank u very much mmh771....

can u also explain that
how to export textures from 3ds Max for our model(a model that is exported into my3d format)????
how to load my3d model in Irrlicht??
how to apply exported textures(to exported object into my3d format) in Irrlicht??

Thanks again....
mctheaw

Post by mctheaw »

Can anybody makes a summary of texturing rules for My3D?
Amt0571

Post by Amt0571 »

About texturing, I suggest taking a look at this post :)

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... highlight=

Anyway, I think you can texture as you like (as long as you use only the diffuse channel), except for multi sub-object materials, which can't be used.