Collision Detection, and Height Detection help needed!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
mmh771

Collision Detection, and Height Detection help needed!

Post by mmh771 »

Now the collision detection tutorial works perfect with me, and my CameraSceneNode collides 100% with the terrain (actually its *.my3d node).

But the problem i am facing now, that the FPS camera is still able to go VERY HIGH slops! .. while logically it is not suppose to climb it!

So, anyone have any idea how to prevent my CameraSceneNode to climb such edges .. is there any function or feature that i can use, to define what height the camera can go and what it can't!
JP

Post by JP »

What do you have the gravity param of the collision response animator set to? Possibly increasing it would stop climbing steep slopes, though not personally sure.
Image Image Image
mmh771

Post by mmh771 »

I am afraid, gravitiy won't fix the problem, i sat it to 1000, but still it is able to climb high slopes and edges!
JP

Post by JP »

Maybe the sliding value then? I'm afraid I don't have any experience with terrains and slopes and such! But possibly reducing the sliding value could help.
Image Image Image
German_man

Post by German_man »

try replacing your camera with this 1, see if it works any better:

Code: Select all

scene::ICameraSceneNode* camera = 	
		 smgr->addCameraSceneNodeFPS(0, 100.0f, 40.0f, -1, 0, 0, true);