Bolzplatz 2006 / Slam Soccer 2006

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Andi|xng

Bolzplatz 2006 / Slam Soccer 2006

Post by Andi|xng »

On June 1st, shortly before the football world cup in Germany begins, our game project is finished: Bolzplatz 2006 (en: Slam Soccer 2006, fr: Coup de Foot 2006), a comic-style 3D-football-game, will be available for download! This screenshot gives a first impression of the game: It shows the celebration after the championship with fireworks and a smoke bomb in de background.

The game features:

* Funny 3D comic style
* Enthralling stadium atmosphere
* Keyboard and gamepad control
* 2-player mode
* Career and World Cup
* Build your own stadium

* 80 teams
* 20 stadiums
* 10 weather conditions
* 50 adboards
* 15 referees
* 9 commentators (6 German, 2 English, 1 French)

* and much more!

The best of all: The game is free and open source (GPL). It is coded in Java and is based on the libraries Irrlicht/Jirr (OpenGL), LWJGL with Ogg/Vorbis-extension (OpenAL), SDL/SDLJava and DOM4J.

The game will also be presented on the Dusmania 2006 near Frankfurt/Germany: www.dusmania.de

More Details (in a few days...) at:
German: http://www.bolzplatz2006.de
English: http://www.xenoage.com/slamsoccer2006/
French: http://www.xenoage.com/coupdefoot2006/

Let me use this opportunity to thank you! Especially thank you, Niko, for the really great Irrlicht Engine. And of course thank you, community, here in the forums for your support. Without you this project would never be possible! Keep the project alive!
JP

Post by JP »

Nice one! I like the look of it and will be interested to try it out when it's finished!

A fellow Jirr user :D

Nice to see a different sort of game to the usual FPS/RPG games! (though i'm guilty of yet another FPS game myself :lol: )
Image Image Image
Duncan Mac Leod

Post by Duncan Mac Leod »

Congratulations on finishing your Game!

It's nice to see another Irrlicht-based Game released.

Duncan
jirr

Post by jirr »

Yeah, a great game using jirr! As I saw the game growing from scratch to the final version I have to congratulate the whole team - and especially Andi for always asking for newer versions of jirr ;)
You made it - and in time - a rare situation in the software market!
Andi|xng

Post by Andi|xng »

As promised, the game is now available for download:

German: http://www.bolzplatz2006.de
English: http://www.xenoage.com/slamsoccer2006/
French: http://www.xenoage.com/coupdefoot2006/

Have fun! I'm looking forward to your feedback ;)
JP

Post by JP »

It didn't load any textures for me! :lol:

At the start the background was just purple, and then in game everything was purple except sunglasses i think and the blue circle around the selected player, so it was just a blank purple screen basically! :cry:

EDIT: Fixed that be reinstalling it in the place it wanted to go instead of where i wanted it to go! Though one thing is that at half time when the camera came out the tunnel and went up above the pitch there was blue fog which was really really thick and you couldn't see the pitch at all :lol:
Image Image Image
JP

Post by JP »

Nope! It's decided to give up again! any idea why it might be doing that?
Image Image Image
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

Very nice project! Keep it up you people we need more developers like you to use irrlicht!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Very cool game 8) The screen effect after goals are simple, but very impressive. And the menu buttons are also really pro!
the control is really picky, even after changing it to some keys which I can use much better. But esp. when suddenly loosing the ball in a fight the change of players can be really problematic.
I had a very bad problem when I once made a throw-in too early. The ball was stuck (unreachable) with none of my players doing anything anymore. I had my filed player still under control, but could not get the ball either. I think I simply hit a key too early.
Andi|xng

Post by Andi|xng »

Thanks for your comments. We will try to fix the mentioned problems in Update 1!

JP: Please describe your problem more exactly in our forum at www.bolzplatz2006.de/en/ ! Also read the FAQ, especially about NVIDIA cards.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Some more bug reports. It's sometimes possible that after a goal the team which made the goal will also make the kick-off (if a player of that team is rather late, running through the center)
And a flag of the championship kept around the field when playing a normal league game directly after an international game (stopped with escape).
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

very nice! i'll add comment further when i've won the world cup ;)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
FrSl

Post by FrSl »

Great project!

I like soccer games and this one is really fun to play, especially 1on1! :D
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

This is a very nice game. I just very impressed!
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com