Design to Events handling

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
matiae

Design to Events handling

Post by matiae »

Hi,

I'm starting to develop an application that uses Irrlicht.NET in a winform, and I have some problems in getting events to work well. When working in the C# examples, with Irrlicht running in a separate window like in Tutorial 4 events works fine because IEventReceiver is implemented in the same class that the device is used and can manimulate the scene, but then I tried to add more modularity and using winforms, and IEventReceiver implemented in a separate class, but obviously now I can't reference to the device from that class.. :roll:

So as this is my first approach to Irrlicht and 3D engines I suppose that maybe there is a recomended way in designing this or in dealing with events?? :? considering that will be in winforms and separated classes..

Please any help or guidance will be very much appreciated!!
teromt

Post by teromt »

I had also problems with Irrlicht events. So I have used .NET own events / event handlers.