[4E5] GameDev Challenge!

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March
BlindSide
Admin

[4E5] GameDev Challenge!

Post by BlindSide »

I issue a challenge to all irrlicht users, make a game using irrlicht, and enter it into the contest. Ill try my best to do that myself.

Cheers :D
Last edited by BlindSide on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Oh snap I just realised how unexplanatory I was there...

More info here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/contest/4e5/
JPulham

Post by JPulham »

Already started... this is now added insentive :D
how are we going to add good emotion into the game? :?
pushpork
RapchikProgrammer

Post by RapchikProgrammer »

Ill make one too! And emotion is like fear or in stealth games you have the feeling of being hidden! The player should have the emotions of the game!
sudi

Post by sudi »

Did u read the rules?
premade engines are not allowed!!!
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
AlexL

Post by AlexL »

I just read through the rules, an' here is what I see on the fact of engines and 3rd party libraries.
7. Entrants are both allowed and encouraged to use 3rd party libraries, engines, and middleware to develop their entry, provided that whatever they use permits unrestricted distribution of the resulting entry executable per the Legal requirements of this contest.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Yeah dude, even "GameMaker" is allowed. Hell the person who one the last 4E used "GameMaker". Make sure you know what your talkin bout next time, kuz Ive already entered this challenge once I know exactly how it works.
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Hey everyone, Just wanted to wish you all good luck. My team and I also will be entering this contest. I will give you guys an up-date on our project when I can.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>