Other irrEdit problem

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
trunks14

Other irrEdit problem

Post by trunks14 »

Well i'm modeling a map in 3dsmax and wanted to see a lil preview (so far its good :D), but there is a problem, i think it is about the gizmo system diferences between the modeller and the engine. Any ideas?

In irrEdit it looks like this

A render, hey it is not finished >_<
Not yet.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

The missing material warning could be a problem, furthermore .3ds does not support hierarchy, yet. Try to make your mesh one large object.
trunks14

Post by trunks14 »

there is no missing textures, the problem is some meshes appear in a different place, one wall is displaced if you can see.

I dont know what you mean by 'hirerachy', i didn't set any hirerachy in the map, furthermore, some objects are where they are supposed to be.

No, i don't think mixing everything in a single object is a good idea, uv mapping would be almost imposible :P

I don't wanna ask nico, he's probably busy ^.^
Not yet.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Just use the MeshViewer from the Irrlicht examples and see if it loads the mesh correctly. Then you would not need to bother Niko but can ask anyone on the forum. And try to use the SVN version as it contains several updates for the mesh loaders.
Making everything one object does not introduce any troubles if you just merge the subobjects while exporting. You would not note any difference in your editor.
trunks14

Post by trunks14 »

thank you, the problem was actually 3dsmax's, it was about how it manages scenes and stuf, i've already solved it :D
Not yet.
trunks14

Post by trunks14 »

thank you, the problem was actually 3dsmax's, it was about how it manages scenes and stuf, i've already solved it :D
Not yet.