Hello - And now my problem...

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
A_Squirrel

Hello - And now my problem...

Post by A_Squirrel »

Hello all,
This is my first post. Huzzah!

I've been coding in a higher level (meaning easier) programming language known as BYOND for years, but after an intro. to computer sci. class in college, I feel obliged to try something a bit harder.

My first problem is that I'm getting this error after I followed the first tutorial (mind you I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition).
To be honest at school I just used a command prompt and g++ compiled everything (and everything was in one code file, and quite simple - and boring), but I'm trying to use this IDE, which is proving to be quite confusing. Anyways, here's the error:

Code: Select all

'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'D:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\irrlicht_test\debug\irrlicht_test.exe', Binary was not built with debug information.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND exception was thrown during process load
The program '[3708] irrlicht_test.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).

I tried searching these forums so that I wouldn't be bothering you fine folks. However all I came up with was to add the Irrlicht.dll directly to my project file. But this produced this:

'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'D:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\irrlicht_test\debug\irrlicht_test.exe', Binary was not built with debug information.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'D:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\irrlicht_test\irrlicht_test\Irrlicht.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\glu32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddraw.dll', No symbols loaded.
'irrlicht_test.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dciman32.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[2660] irrlicht_test.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
I tried useing a simple 2D engine off the internet before I tried this one for C++, but I had relatively the same problem I'm having now with regards to the symbols thing.

Any help is appreciated.
Got any acorns?
shurijo

Post by shurijo »

I think that you'll need to put Irrlicht.DLL in D:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\irrlicht_test\debug\ directory.
A_Squirrel

Post by A_Squirrel »

I moved it to the debug file, but I got this:

Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND exception was thrown during process load
The program '[2144] irrlicht_test.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).
Do I have the wrong .dll ?

*Edit, It said the Irrlicht .dll was not found
Got any acorns?
needforhint

Post by needforhint »

you should stop coding in 2005, all aps on C# demands some "net" framework to be installed if someone wants to run them. Good old Visual 6.0 will do just fine, and it will run on all windows :wink:
what is this thing...
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, VC6 is the most brutal C++ fake ever made by a commercial player. You won't get good programs to be compiled with VC6! Furthermore you can disable managed code to avoid .net dll dependencies and the program will always run on the development machine (as .net framework is also required for the IDE).
Your second try way already quite successful, it just seems to have exited without showing anything. Try some other examples from Irrlicht. Always copy Irrlicht.dll into the directory your app is built into. In your case it should be Release instead of Debug. Or copy .dll and .exe into bin\Win32-Visual
stodge

Post by stodge »

That's funny - the industry managed to work with VC6 for many years and produced some good products. :wink:
needforhint

Post by needforhint »

VC6 is good because it will not sometimes link, when u have a serious memory leak problem in source code :wink:
what is this thing...