Irrlicht 1.1

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
hybrid
Admin

Irrlicht 1.1

Post by hybrid »

On behalf of the Irrlicht developers team I'd like to announce the availability of the lastest Irrlicht SDK, version 1.1. Download it from the known place http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/irrl ... p?download
Also the third release of irrEdit is available at http://irredit.irrlicht3d.org/ which uses the 1.1 SDK, so no need for Irrlicht SVN anymore if you want to use irrEdit or .irr file format.
Other new features include new file loaders (BlitzBasic .b3d, ogre .mesh, Quake .pak, binary .x), screenshot mechanism, sky dome, sphere node, up to 4 textures per material, (almost complete) scene node serialization, and allocator objects for correct memory allocation across .dll boundaries. Moreover, lots of bug fixes and minor enhancements have been applied. Thanks a lot to all of those who contributed to this release, either by developing new code of by reporting and fixing bugs :D

Please note that some API changes will require some changes in application source code to compile with this release. Also the OpenGL driver got some major changes (esp. the Linux version) which might result in unexpected behavior. Just report any probelms encountered such that the can be fixed for the next Irrlicht release!
Halan

Post by Halan »

great, just great hybrid

btw: i really would love to see this GUI Extension in the next release :)

there shouldnt be much todo cause there havent been any changes on the gui for some time imo
BattleElf

Post by BattleElf »

Agreed Halan, they're very useful.
GueZt_Coders

Post by GueZt_Coders »

Gooooooodddddd News! :D
Just part of irrlicht related project| CLEAR CODE NOTATIONS IS LARGELY SELF CODUMENTING!
zenaku

Post by zenaku »

Just when I thought I could take a break on IrrLua ;)
-------------------------------------
IrrLua - a Lua binding for Irrlicht
http://irrlua.sourceforge.net/
noreg

4 textures now?

Post by noreg »

Great news, thanks to all who have contributed. I have read the changes.txt and it sounds great. It also states:

The SMaterial structure now supports 4 textures. (Currently ignored by the renderers and their materials.)"

I don't understand what that means. Are they supported and can i use and blend them or are they ignored (meaning not useable). Somebody who played with it, please explain.
Thanks for your attention.[/quote]
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You can at least store them in the materials and use them for your own purposes. The standard Irrlicht materials don't make use of them, only enable the default states of the video drivers for them if there's a texture. However, OpenGL seems to drop all textures if more than two are set.
noreg

Post by noreg »

Thanks for your "nearly realtime" answer, hybrid. Is it possible to give an example for:
You can at least store them in the materials and use them for your own purposes
I personally like to use the 4 tex in shaders. Well, i am going to try it now.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Just use the setMaterialTexture method with levels 2 and 3, just as before with 0 and 1. Then you can access them anytime you are working with that material. I don't know how to get them into the shaders if it's not automatically done. As said the use of those textures is not yet really supported.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Why there is TestSceneNode no more? :shock:
sRc

Post by sRc »

Lothar wrote:Why there is TestSceneNode no more? :shock:
it was renamed to CubeSceneNode
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Whoops... :oops: right...
Thanks for help. 8)
juliusctw

Post by juliusctw »

[quote="
btw: i really would love to see this GUI Extension in the next release :)[/quote]

Yes i agree, either that or with Aki's extensions, right now i have them compiled seperately, but i'm constant in fear of going too far away from the original source code.
Halan

Post by Halan »

thats what i fear too 8)
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Yes, I would like to see them in Irrlicht too. I promised to include them into Irrlicht several times already, and he would be ok to put them under the zlib license as far as I remember, but I just had no time yet. :)