question about irrlicht.dll

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ballrog

question about irrlicht.dll

Post by ballrog »

Hi im new to Irrlicht, and have downloaded the newest version(1.1). Ive followed the "Hello World" tutorial and have compiled and run the examples contained in the download files successfully.
Im using VC++ 7.0 by the way.

But when i try to run my own irrlicht-applications i get an error message: "could not find irrlicht.dll. Please reinstall the program" (translated from norwegian to english:)). Everything compiles and links fine, it occurs when i try to run the application. I found a way around this by adding the irrlicht.dll into my project folder. But as for the examples following the 1.1 zip, they dont contain the dll in their projects folder as far as i can see. So my question is: Why do i have to include the dll, when the examples does not? is there a project setting where you point to the dll?

Its not a big problem but i hope someone will take the time to answer this newbie question:)
terence

Post by terence »

The examples compile to the 'bin' directory. If you check under the properties(project) and check the linker(general) doodad..you should see the output file..

in the bin directory is the dll.
ballrog

Post by ballrog »

ok thx for the info:)