Problem on Windows 2000 with EDT_DIRECT3D9 driver

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
toxnico

Problem on Windows 2000 with EDT_DIRECT3D9 driver

Post by toxnico »

Hello,

I just tried to run an example application on a windows 2000 PC, on witch DirectX 9.0c was installed.

I used the irr::video::EDT_DIRECT3D9 driver, and I only see a grey screen, with no refresh... Did I miss something ? maybe a very special DLL that needs to be in my exe's folder :?

Any idea?

Thanks for your help,
Nico
magisterrivus

Post by magisterrivus »

hi toxnico,

what example were you trying?
Do you encounter that in games too? Could be your Graphicdriver. Try to get an updated.

Bye
under construction
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Also post the cosole output when you start your program a sit might indicate some problems such as missing textures etc.
toxnico

Post by toxnico »

Hi, and thanks for your fast answer,

I noticed something odd on this PC, while running dxDiag. The message is
The procedure entry point DdEntry1 could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll
So I'd have better time to check the driver or DX installation on this PC, than searching in Irrlicht.

Thanks nevertheless, and THANKS (yes, a really big thanks ;) ) for the 1.1 version that has been really improved in terms of texture-loading speed and texture quality for 2d!

See you soon,
Nico
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

If the app (and the engine) was compiled using DX latest sdk it won't run on Win2k. Windows 2000 has been left out of support for DX latest development. You should find an older sdk and recompile Irrlicht's dll.

There's one here:
http://www.danielpatton.com/afecelis/files/DXSDK.zip