Recursive Mirror

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
babyfox

Recursive Mirror

Post by babyfox »

I have put together a demo to show recursive mirroring effect using render-to-texture and a customised 2-pass rendering routine.

At this stage I am still trying to varify the correctness of the mirroring recursion, once this is done I will post the source code here. :)

Here is a screen shot , hope you enjoy it. This is meant to be a scene of a first person puzzle game that I have been working on. There are six mirrors surrounding the player ("the tall white box" :oops: ).

IPv6

Post by IPv6 »

Very cool! It would be great if you share the code :) is it possible to make something like portals (from Prey ^) ) too? portal rendering is almost the same as manual mirror handling :) IMHO
buhatkj

depth of recursion?

Post by buhatkj »

how deep do you recurse in showing repeated reflections? is this something you find you have to worry about at all? i would think you would, but am not sure...
If so, how do you control it?
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net
Electron

Post by Electron »

Each iteration is going to be a seperate render operation, so it could get slow very quickly I think. . .

Still sounds cool though
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars