BSP Brush Entities

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
eibwen

BSP Brush Entities

Post by eibwen »

Hi

I wrote my own BSP Entity Loader with some help from other loaders posted in this forum.

Point Entities work perfect. I can load them get their origin and put MD2 models at that position.

But how about Brush Entities?
The entity properties are as follows:

Code: Select all

"class" : "mytest_block"
"model" : "*1"
I assume the "*1" referrs to a brush number 1?
I checked the BSP Loader class but couldn't find anything that I could already use.
A possible workaround would be to manually store position and dimensions in the entity as additional properties.

In the end I want to be able to place brushes on my map that can be set visible/invisible or moved around.

I am using GtkRadiant to create the bsp files.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks
Eibwen
AndyGFX

Post by AndyGFX »

It's easy. BSP has scene divided to models

model[0] is static and all others like model:*XYZ are dynamic => door, platforms, etc.
eibwen

Post by eibwen »

Can you give me an example on how to render different Models/Brushes inside the same BSP?

At the moment when I render my map everything is rendered that has a texture which can be found including my entity brush.
I can't seem to find where/how it stores the different models/brushes only the MeshBuffers where it stores the different faces per texture and lightmap.

The Q3 Level Loader doesn't seem to split the different brushes up or I am looking at the wrong places in the source code. :)

Thanks.
PC-maniak

Post by PC-maniak »

eibwen wrote:Can you give me an example on how to render different Models/Brushes inside the same BSP?

At the moment when I render my map everything is rendered that has a texture which can be found including my entity brush.
I can't seem to find where/how it stores the different models/brushes only the MeshBuffers where it stores the different faces per texture and lightmap.

The Q3 Level Loader doesn't seem to split the different brushes up or I am looking at the wrong places in the source code. :)

Thanks.

hi please upload your entity Reader to some file uploader and give me link please :( THXX