Bug in V6++ and irrlicht

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Malaidas

Bug in V6++ and irrlicht

Post by Malaidas »

Hi all

I've found a serious bug I think

I've experienced it several times and for several reasons

When you try to run the app normally it works svae for runtime bugs in my code, however running the debugger terminally crashes the computer. This especially happens if you make a mistake in an event reciever like returning true by accident when you've not processed a message. However I've found that it happens at other times as well. It gets as far as nitialising the engine well the first 2 lines in the command prompt and the sits there, not receiving input and locking the keyboard and with an hour glas cursor so you cant select any other windows etc.

Its most annoying cause without a debug I can't find out whats wrong hehe. I only worked out the event reciever but by trial and error.
Mercior

Post by Mercior »

Hmmm, I'm a vc6 user and I havent had any problems with the debugger or event receivers. Perhaps a bug with your code? ;)
buhatkj

dunno bout this one...

Post by buhatkj »

to be honest it sounds like a problem with the vc++ debugger itself to me or something of the like. i use VC++ 6.0 also, and have never seen anything like what you say here.
-Ted
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net