FileOpenDialog

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Romanos

FileOpenDialog

Post by Romanos »

hello,

probably there are some graphical bugs in GUI::addFileOpenDialog();
trouble differs from Alpha parameter.
it looks somehow like this:

Masdus

Post by Masdus »

the fileopendialog is not yet fully functional.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

The file open dialog does not work with Linux in version 0.5, but I promise that it will with the next version.

But I don't know what these visual problems are: This is now the second time I see a shot like this. Does this also occur with other scrollbars or only with the dialog?

edit: I asked "Are you using linux?". You are not, as I can see from the shot. Ok, what gfx hardware do you use?
enforceman

Post by enforceman »

I also have such strange effects with this dialog. I use a Geforce 4 Ti 4200.
Romanos

Post by Romanos »

i am sorry. i did not state the bug completely, because i thought that it will be a little known. so i am going to rectify it.

oki, i use GF 2 MX, WindowsXP, SDK 0.5.

on the picture one, i simply created a button and with an event of pressing it i add a fuction addFileOpenDialog. and it was displayed as it is on picture one, with the scrollbar continuing behind horizont of GUI window. after i drag this scrollbar it change into correct form and it behave as is expected. no more bug display there.

as i got learned that this dialog-window is default in transparent mode (btw. i do not know why), i tried to change it to full visibility by following procedure from the example.

s32 pos = 255; //((IGUIScrollBar*)event.GUIEvent.Caller)->getPos();

for (s32 i=0; i<=256 ; ++i)
{
SColor col = env->getSkin()->getColor((EGUI_DEFAULT_COLOR)i);
col.setAlpha(pos);
env->getSkin()->setColor((EGUI_DEFAULT_COLOR)i, col);
}

picture two, actually displays the result of adding this code. mentioned scrollbar is already not in the window, it is not visible and not dragable. pressing to its former posision has no any results. Gray area created to the right side is visible but not tactile. clicking on it out of the dialog-window behave as clicking out of the window. button "OK" dissapeared. it behave invisible but it is still there. choosing item from left and pressing OK button is still functionable. button Cancel is all right.

oh i forgot... :)
i created single scrollbars... i tried several sizes and Alpha values and it behave without any troubles. that is ok.

and one more thing, back about FileOpenDialog. if i lower parameter "pos" to 100 and around, then bug behave differently. it results, that scrollbar somehow spread over the windowpart-fileselection and is not usable any more, whole this part. it reacts on clicking but does not lead to any functionality. now i am little impressed because several tests before it went behind of horizont to the left :)

i am sorry for my english, hope that my mentions can be understood :)