IPhysics - Newton/Irrlicht framework

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
olivehehe_03

Post by olivehehe_03 »

Those errors look familiar :D

Did you link the IPhysics.lib in your code and set up the directories in your IDE to point to the .lib? That's all I can think of
Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
Axel186

Post by Axel186 »

:oops: Maybe I did it bad... Plz tell me how you did it..
dudMaN

Post by dudMaN »

Hi,

i'm trying to build the IPhysics example, i get:

Code: Select all

In file included from ../../include/SPhysicsStructs.h:10,
                 from ../../include/CPhysics.h:10,
                 from ../../include/IPhysics.h:9,
                 from global.h:15,
                 from main.cpp:5:
../../include/EPhysicsEnums.h:34:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from ../../include/CPhysics.h:10,
                 from global.h:15,                 from main.cpp:5:
../../include/SPhysicsStructs.h:129:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from ../../include/IPhysicsEntity.h:9,
                 from ../../include/CPhysicsEntity.h:8,
                 from ../../include/CPhysics.h:11,
../../include/IPhysicsBaseEntity.h:31:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from ../../include/CPhysicsEntity.h:8,
                 from ../../include/CPhysics.h:11,
../../include/IPhysicsEntity.h:32:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from ../../include/CPhysics.h:11,
../../include/CPhysicsEntity.h:30:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from ../../include/CPhysicsCar.h:15,
                 from ../../include/CPhysics.h:17,
../../include/IPhysicsCar.h:38:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from ../../include/CPhysics.h:17,
../../include/CPhysicsCar.h:71:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from ../../include/IPhysics.h:9,
../../include/CPhysics.h:63:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from global.h:15,
../../include/IPhysics.h:13:7: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from main.cpp:6:
example1.h:68:2: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from main.cpp:7:
example2.h:96:2: warning: no newline at end of file
In file included from main.cpp:8:
example3.h:178:2: warning: no newline at end of file
main.cpp:31:2: warning: no newline at end of file
/tmp/ccOnw3in.o: In function `runExample3()':main.cpp:(.text+0x1e8): undefined reference to `CPhysics::CPhysics()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x20c): undefined reference to `CPhysics::init(irr::ITimer*)'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x8fe): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addCar(SPhysicsCar*)':main.cpp:(.text+0xaa5): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsStaticMesh*)'
:main.cpp:(.text+0xb45): undefined reference to `CPhysics::update()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0xb7b): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0xbb9): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
/tmp/ccOnw3in.o: In function `runExample2()':main.cpp:(.text+0xd07): undefined reference to `CPhysics::CPhysics()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0xd2b): undefined reference to `CPhysics::init(irr::ITimer*)'
:main.cpp:(.text+0xf99): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsTerrain*)'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x1039): undefined reference to `CPhysics::update()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x106c): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x10a7): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
/tmp/ccOnw3in.o: In function `runExample1()':main.cpp:(.text+0x11f8): undefined reference to `CPhysics::CPhysics()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x121c): undefined reference to `CPhysics::init(irr::ITimer*)'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x133e): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsCube*)'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x14a4): undefined reference to `CPhysics::addEntity(SPhysicsCube*)'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x1587): undefined reference to `CPhysics::update()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x15af): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
:main.cpp:(.text+0x15cb): undefined reference to `CPhysics::~CPhysics()'
/tmp/ccOnw3in.o: In function `CEventReceiver_eg2::OnEvent(irr::SEvent)':main.cpp:(.text._ZN18CEventReceiver_eg27OnEventEN3irr6SEventE[CEventReceiver_eg2::OnEvent(irr::SEvent)]+0x68): undefined reference to `CPhysics::dropTestCube(irr::scene::ISceneManager*, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, float)'
:main.cpp:(.text._ZN18CEventReceiver_eg27OnEventEN3irr6SEventE[CEventReceiver_eg2::OnEvent(irr::SEvent)]+0xc5): undefined reference to `CPhysics::dropTestSphere(irr::scene::ISceneManager*, irr::core::vector3d<float>, float, float)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
compiling with

g++ -o ex main.cpp -lIrrlicht -lGL -lGLU -lIPhysics -lNewton
i had to go through and remove a ton of

_cdecl
and i had to change a bunch of #include's.. also i'm using the .a off the site(thanx u guy that compiled it)

i guess i could recompile the .a by just using g++ and ar..

Thanks.

-dudMan
olivehehe_03

Post by olivehehe_03 »

Axel186 wrote::oops: Maybe I did it bad... Plz tell me how you did it..
Add the line "#pragma comment(lib,"IPhysics.lib")" to the beginning of your program. As for setting up your IDE, have a look at the tutorial for the one you're using below, it should be able to help you out. I use Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (free download direct from Microsoft) so the visual studio one is the one I'd use. Hope this helps

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut_devcpp.html  -  DevC++
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut_codeblocks.html  -  Code::Blocks
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut001.html  -  Visual Studio
Axel186

Post by Axel186 »

I am using "Microsoft Visual C++" and I don't think that this is a problem...
I always adding this line "#pragma comment(lib,"IPhysics.lib")"..
I read the tutorial and did all what I must to do ...
now I don't know what to do... still have a problem... Maybe it's Newton problem?
Axel186

Post by Axel186 »

I am using:

Irrlicht 1.3
IPhysics 1.5
Newton Game Dynamics SDK 1.53
Please... Somebody.. Help! Why it's not working??!!
olivehehe_03

Post by olivehehe_03 »

As far as I know, IPhysics 1.5 only works on Irrlicht 1.2 (someone got it to compile in 1.3, check the other pages of this thread). So download Irrlicht 1.2 and try to compile the IPhysics examples and see what happens
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

I'm using Iphysics1.2 for my project but cannot get the speed how do I get the speed of my car??, and Can I apply texture on the nodes in iphysics 1.2
kiranmaya

Post by kiranmaya »

i have Vc++ 2003 version

Im trying to compile examples that provided in that zip both version 1.2 and 1.5 with irrlicht 1.2 and 1.3,but i got errors ,
i have included all lib files of Iphysics and irrlicht and newton correctly ,and i checked it out more than 10 time,

the pre-compiled terrian.exe example is running successfull ,

when iam compiling with IPhysics 1.2 ,i got a mis-match lib error

the errors with 1.5 version are
My errors
Compiling...
main.cpp
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.CRT' sections found with different attributes (40300040)
libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: class std::locale::facet const * __thiscall std::locale::_Getfacet(unsigned int)const " (?_Getfacet@locale@std@@QBEPBVfacet@12@I@Z) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj)
libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj)
libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::~_Locinfo(void)" (??1_Locinfo@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj)
libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo(char const *)" (??0_Locinfo@std@@QAE@PBD@Z) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj)
libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::locale::locale(void)" (??0locale@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj)
libcpmt.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: static unsigned int const std::ctype<char>::table_size" (?table_size@?$ctype@D@std@@2IB) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj)
libcpmt.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall std::ios_base::~ios_base(void)" (??1ios_base@std@@UAE@XZ) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj)
libcpmt.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::ios_base::clear(int,bool)" (?clear@ios_base@std@@QAEXH_N@Z) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj)
libcpmt.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2005: "protected: void __thiscall std::ios_base::_Init(void)" (?_Init@ios_base@std@@IAEXXZ) already defined in IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj) : error LNK2005: __dosmaperr already defined in LIBCD.lib(dosmap.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(isctype.obj) : error LNK2005: __isctype already defined in LIBCD.lib(isctype.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(mbctype.obj) : error LNK2005: __getmbcp already defined in LIBCD.lib(mbctype.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(mbctype.obj) : error LNK2005: __setmbcp already defined in LIBCD.lib(mbctype.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(mbctype.obj) : error LNK2005: ___initmbctable already defined in LIBCD.lib(mbctype.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(tolower.obj) : error LNK2005: __tolower already defined in LIBCD.lib(tolower.obj)
LIBCMT.lib(tolower.obj) : error LNK2005: _tolower already defined in LIBCD.lib(tolower.obj)
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(char const * const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABQBD@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::bad_alloc::bad_alloc(char const *)" (??0bad_alloc@std@@QAE@PBD@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(char const * const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABQBD@Z)
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(char const * const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABQBD@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall std::exception::what(void)const " (?what@exception@std@@UBEPBDXZ)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall std::exception::what(void)const " (?what@exception@std@@UBEPBDXZ)
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char const * __thiscall std::exception::what(void)const " (?what@exception@std@@UBEPBDXZ)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::exception::~exception(void)" (??1exception@std@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall std::bad_alloc::~bad_alloc(void)" (??1bad_alloc@std@@UAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::exception::~exception(void)" (??1exception@std@@UAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::exception::~exception(void)" (??1exception@std@@UAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _memcpy_s referenced in function "public: static char * __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::_Copy_s(char *,unsigned int,char const *,unsigned int)" (?_Copy_s@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAPADPADIPBDI@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _memcpy_s
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _memcpy_s
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _memmove_s referenced in function "public: static char * __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::_Move_s(char *,unsigned int,char const *,unsigned int)" (?_Move_s@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAPADPADIPBDI@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _memmove_s
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _memmove_s
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl std::locale::facet::facet_Register(class std::locale::facet *)" (?facet_Register@facet@locale@std@@CAXPAV123@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl std::locale::facet::facet_Register(class std::locale::facet *)" (?facet_Register@facet@locale@std@@CAXPAV123@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static class std::locale::_Locimp * __cdecl std::locale::_Getgloballocale(void)" (?_Getgloballocale@locale@std@@CAPAV_Locimp@12@XZ) referenced in function "public: class std::locale::facet const * __thiscall std::locale::_Getfacet(unsigned int)const " (?_Getfacet@locale@std@@QBEPBVfacet@12@I@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static class std::locale::_Locimp * __cdecl std::locale::_Getgloballocale(void)" (?_Getgloballocale@locale@std@@CAPAV_Locimp@12@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(IMaterialCallback.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsJoint.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsCustom.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsCarWheel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsCar.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3 referenced in function __ehhandler$??1?$string@DV?$irrAllocator@D@core@irr@@@core@irr@@QAE@XZ
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsEntity.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(MPhysicsCallbacks.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsCorkscrew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsUniversal.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsUpVector.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsPulley.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsHinge.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsBallSocket.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsSlider.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3 referenced in function __ehhandler$?addCamera@CPhysics@@QAEPAVCPhysicsCamera@@PAUSPhysicsCamera@@@Z
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsBodyModifier.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysicsCamera.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CMaterialManager.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(class std::exception const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(class std::exception const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function __ehhandler$?_Copy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IAEXII@Z
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(class std::exception const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xran(void)" (?_Xran@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ) referenced in function "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > & __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::erase(unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?erase@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAEAAV12@II@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xran(void)" (?_Xran@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ)
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xran(void)" (?_Xran@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xlen(void)" (?_Xlen@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ) referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Grow(unsigned int,bool)" (?_Grow@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IAE_NI_N@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xlen(void)" (?_Xlen@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall std::basic_ofstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::~basic_ofstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >(void)" (??1?$basic_ofstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@UAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_String_base::_Xlen(void)" (?_Xlen@_String_base@std@@SAXXZ)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_dtor(class std::_Locinfo *)" (?_Locinfo_dtor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::~_Locinfo(void)" (??1_Locinfo@std@@QAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_dtor(class std::_Locinfo *)" (?_Locinfo_dtor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(void)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::runtime_error::runtime_error(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0runtime_error@std@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(void)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(IPhysicsWorld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(void)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,char const *)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@PBD@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo(char const *)" (??0_Locinfo@std@@QAE@PBD@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,char const *)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@PBD@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function "public: char & __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::operator[](unsigned int)" (??A?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAEAADI@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(char const *)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@PBD@Z) referenced in function "class std::num_put<char,class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > > const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::num_put<char,class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > > >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@@std@@YAABV?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(char const *)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@PBD@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::bad_cast::~bad_cast(void)" (??1bad_cast@std@@UAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::bad_cast::~bad_cast(void)" (??1bad_cast@std@@UAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(class std::bad_cast const &)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(class std::bad_cast const &)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CPhysics.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sprintf_s referenced in function "protected: virtual class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > __thiscall std::num_put<char,class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > >::do_put(class std::ostreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >,class std::ios_base &,char,long)const " (?do_put@?$num_put@DV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@std@@MBE?AV?$ostreambuf_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@2@V32@AAVios_base@2@DJ@Z)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: static void __cdecl std::ios_base::_Ios_base_dtor(class std::ios_base *)" (?_Ios_base_dtor@ios_base@std@@CAXPAV12@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall std::ios_base::~ios_base(void)" (??1ios_base@std@@UAE@XZ)
IPhysics.lib(CLog.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl std::ios_base::_Addstd(class std::ios_base *)" (?_Addstd@ios_base@std@@SAXPAV12@@Z) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall std::basic_ios<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::init(class std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,bool)" (?init@?$basic_ios@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@IAEXPAV?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@2@_N@Z)
..\..\bin\Win32-VisualStudio\HelloWorld.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 21 unresolved externals

Build log was saved at "file://f:\3d softwares\Irrlicht game engine\irrlicht-1.236\irrlicht-1.2\examples\01.HelloWorld\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
HelloWorld - 83 error(s), 3 warning(s)
kiranmaya

Post by kiranmaya »

My problem is solved by compiling ew lib filr
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

Hi everyone,

I'm not working on IPhysics any more (I've handed the project over to Rapchik), but there is something I should really point out:

It seems a lot of people are experiencing a lot of pain trying to compile IPhysics using the static lib. I would strongly advise you not to bother and just compile it from source. IPhysics is just wrapper code - there are no other dependancies or anything. If you can compile Newton and you can compile Irrlicht, then you should be fine. In fact, you'll be better than fine, as you'll be able to see everything in the debugger. Just dump the source code directly into your project and compile it that way - no mess, no fuss!
Image Image
dudMaN

Post by dudMaN »

Hi.

I'm trying to use IPhysics, but i get a linker error of the usual "not defined", but i AM linking with:

-lIrrlicht -lGL -lGLU -lIPhysics -lNewton

I Hear the problem is with the .a file being 1.1 and the IPhysics headers being 1.2, is there a way i can get an updated .a?

I tried compiling my own AND including it in the project, but IPhysics doesnt seem to agree with gcc :/

Thanks!

-dudMan
dybalabj

Hovercraft racer w/ IPhysics 1.5, Irrlicht 1.3.1

Post by dybalabj »

I'm attempting to use IPhysics for a class project and I think I'm really close to getting it to work. I have the Newton SDK 1.5.3, Irrlicht 1.3.1, IPhysics 1.5 (modified to at least compile w. Irr1.3.1). The main thing I want to use it for is more realistic collision detection with other racer crafts (not exactly cars) and the track walls. It sorta works....the problem I'm having now is when my racer falls to the track floor, it goes partly though the floor for a sec, then continues to fall through. I followed the Meshes example as closely as possible. Here's what I'm doing so far for my IPhysics code:

CPhysics physics;
physics.init(device);

// In other functions where physics as passed as a pointer....
SPhysicsStaticMesh track_physics;
track_physics.mesh = track_mesh;
track_physics.node = track_node;
track_physics.scale = core::vector3df(1, 1, 1);

IPhysicsEntity *track_entity = physics->addEntity(&track_physics);

SPhysicsMesh car_mesh;
car_mesh.mesh = racerMesh->getMesh();
car_mesh.node = racerMesh;
car_mesh.mass = 10.0;
car_mesh.scale = core::vector3df(.5, .5, .5);
car_mesh.bodyType = ENUMERATED_BODY_TYPE::EBT_DYNAMIC;

car_entity = physics->addEntity(&car_mesh);

// Back in main.cpp...
while(device->run()){
      // some stuff..
     physics.update();
}
physics.close();
I don;t know if there's anything else I should be doing for this. My racetrack and race craft meshes are 3ds files. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dybs
ertae

help!!!

Post by ertae »

i have this error with the example 1

Unhandled exception at 0x0040121a in test.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000030.

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "global.h"

void main()
{
	// start Irrlicht
	IrrlichtDevice* device = createDevice(EDT_DIRECT3D9);

// pointers to driver, scenemanager
	IVideoDriver* driver = device->getVideoDriver();
	ISceneManager* smgr = device->getSceneManager();

// create a camera
	ICameraSceneNode* camera = smgr->addCameraSceneNode();

// start iphysics
	CPhysics physics;
	physics.init(device->getTimer());

// create a static cube
	SPhysicsCube staticCube;
	staticCube.bodyType = EBT_STATIC;
	staticCube.size_x = 10.0f;
	staticCube.size_y = 10.0f;
	staticCube.size_z = 10.0f;

// create the cube node - note that the size matches the sizes in the SPhyiscsCube struct
	ISceneNode* staticCubeNode = smgr->addCubeSceneNode(10.0f);
	staticCubeNode->setMaterialFlag(EMF_LIGHTING, false);

// set the node in the SPhysicsCube to the newly created scene node
	staticCube.node = staticCubeNode;

IPhysicsEntity* staticCubeEntity = physics.addEntity(&staticCube);
	staticCubeEntity->setPosition(vector3df(0, 0.0f, 100.0f));

// create a dynamic cube
	SPhysicsCube dynamicCube;
	dynamicCube.bodyType = EBT_DYNAMIC;
	dynamicCube.mass = 10.0f;
	dynamicCube.size_x = 10.0f;
	dynamicCube.size_y = 10.0f;