Texturing problem (with screenshot)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
bgsteffens

Texturing problem (with screenshot)

Post by bgsteffens »

Okay, first my setup: I am using Maya to render a scene, then export it to .OBJ, .MTL, and .TGA files. These are loaded into my application and rendered on-screen. The textures and geometry all load correctly and display (semi-correctly).

You can see from the image below that there are some polygons that do not render a texture, some that render on the wrong side, and the drawing order is messed up (or maybe even backwards). All of this looks perfect when rendered in maya.

Image[/img]
Last edited by bgsteffens on Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
esaptonor

Post by esaptonor »

i don't know much about your second problem, but to stop the once sidedness you should be able to say
node->setMaterialFlag(video::EMF_BACK_FACE_CULLING , false);
bgsteffens

Post by bgsteffens »

Ok, I tried that. It sort of helped. The surfaces now appear to be textured on both sides, however the draw-order has gone completely out of whack. Do I need to set another flag or do something else for the draw-order to work again?
Magnet

Post by Magnet »

I think your model have incorrect UV coordinates.
You must scatter UV coordinates.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

That looks like the same problem when you try and load a terrain with more than 65536 indices. Is your model a single mesh buffer? How many vertices / triangles / indices?