Missing files on 1.1 (trying to compile with dev-c++)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
sir_gon

Missing files on 1.1 (trying to compile with dev-c++)

Post by sir_gon »

Ok, i try to compile the Irrlicht dll, but when i open Irrlicht.dev from source folder, i got it:

Soon, omitting that, I compile and it appears to some errors:

E:\profiles\gon\Escritorio\INFO\irrlicht-1.1\source\Irrlicht\CImageLoaderJPG.cpp In member function `virtual irr::video::IImage* irr::video::CImageLoaderJPG::loadImage(irr::io::IReadFile*)':

133 E:\profiles\gon\Escritorio\INFO\irrlicht-1.1\source\Irrlicht\CImageLoaderJPG.cpp [Warning] variable 'rowPtr' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'

E:\profiles\gon\Escritorio\INFO\irrlicht-1.1\source\Irrlicht\Makefile.win [Build Error] No rule to make target `pp', needed by `CSceneNodeAnimatorCollisionResponse.o'. Stop.

Finally, don't build anything :cry:
3ddev

Reply:

Post by 3ddev »

Ok. I had this very same problem. Obviously the project was not properly compiled(If that is the right word) I just went to Project->Add Files To Project and then manually added the two missing files. That should do the trick. Also, Warnings don't stop execution. Just ignore them, they usually don't pose a problem.

Note: No offense meant, but I don't think this post warrants being on the bug forum. Only post absolute api problems otherwise go to the beginner's help forum. That is where I would expect to see this kind of a post. :wink:
sir_gon

Post by sir_gon »

then I solicit that they move topic to begginers.

On the problem, both archives do not appear in sources folder :? .
I thought in add them by hand but they do not exist.

Soon the problem with make (last error) I do not know to that one talks about with:
E:\profiles\gon\Escritorio\INFO\irrlicht-1.1\source\Irrlicht\Makefile.win [Build Error] No rule to make target `pp', needed by `CSceneNodeAnimatorCollisionResponse.o'. Stop.

This error is not a warning.

PD: translated with translate.google.com spanish->english :oops:
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

The two files are not existing, so just ignore the warning. The error with the makefile could be due to line breaks or wrong paths set in your project. It should compile with the dev-cpp project (and Dev-Cpp 4.9.9.2)