Project Idea - Scenegraph editor w/ Irrlicht & Tokamak

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
crazedlunatic

Project Idea - Scenegraph editor w/ Irrlicht & Tokamak

Post by crazedlunatic »

I think it would be quite easy to produce an editor using irrlicht that would exploit the new 0.6 GUI and XML additions and provide easy support for Tokamak in the future. Maybe this already exists and I'm proposing to reinvent the wheel - let me know if that is the case!!

Basically just an editor that would allow the user to create scenenodes, establish parent/child hierarchies between them, and in doing so, Tokamak joints are established as part of the link between nodes if so desired. The model files, and maybe some limited geometry info can then all be exported into an XML format.

Finally, we would need a loader for this XML format which brings in all the meshes, nodes, etc.. and gets Tokamak set up as well. This method would probably be part of the SceneManager and called "AddIrrTokSceneGraph" or something to that effect.

This would make it very easy to visually produce vehicles, mechs, etc.. for us budding game designers! I may take this project on myself in the next month or so if no one else is doing something similar already. I would suggest keeping such an editor open source and posting it as a tutorial for people that want to get past the basics. I think such a project could be completed in a month of free time pretty easily.

-Tony

Website design
Va website design
Design website
Website design alabama
Arkansas website design
Bad website design
Business website design
Cheap website design
Website design company
Website design company florida
Creative website design