new example not working. also it tries to connect to the net

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Wolf Dreamer

new example not working. also it tries to connect to the net

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

I copied the new Irrlicht.dll to the windows/system32, and added in the three places normally linked to, remembering to unzip the source even. But alas, when trying to compile it, I get this:

------ Build started: Project: 9.Meshviewer, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
main.cpp
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(156) : error C2039: 'isDebugDataVisible' : is not a member of 'irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode'
h:\irrlicht-0.5\source\include\IAnimatedMeshSceneNode.h(20) : see declaration of 'irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode'
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(252) : error C2039: 'setResizeAble' : is not a member of 'irr::IrrlichtDevice'
h:\irrlicht-0.5\source\include\IrrlichtDevice.h(26) : see declaration of 'irr::IrrlichtDevice'
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(279) : error C2039: 'IXMLReader' : is not a member of 'irr::io'
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(279) : error C2065: 'IXMLReader' : undeclared identifier
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(279) : error C2065: 'xml' : undeclared identifier
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(279) : error C2039: 'createXMLReader' : is not a member of 'irr::io::IFileSystem'
h:\irrlicht-0.5\source\include\IFileSystem.h(25) : see declaration of 'irr::io::IFileSystem'
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(281) : error C2227: left of '->read' must point to class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(281) : error C3861: 'xml': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(281) : error C3861: 'xml': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(281) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation

Build log was saved at "file://h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
9.Meshviewer - 10 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

----

Also, when I run the precompiled one, it tries to connect to the internet. Why is that? And I can not load up any .x files with it. All it does is load up .md2 and then only strangely..
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
Wolf Dreamer

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

h:\irrlicht-0.5\ ?

I noticed it has some items that link to the old irrlicht directory, but I clearly set the 3 items linked to the new version.

H:\irrlicht-0.6\lib\VisualStudio
H:\irrlicht-0.6\bin\VisualStudio
H:\irrlicht-0.6\include

Wolf Dreamer

stranger still

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

I renamed the old Irrlicht directory to stop it from looking in there at all.

Now the only error I get has to do with a missing irrlicht.h.

It is clearly in the include folder and I have linked to it.

And yet, it doesn't seem to be able to find it.

------ Build started: Project: 9.Meshviewer, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
main.cpp
h:\irrlicht-0.6\examples\9.Meshviewer\main.cpp(14) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'irrlicht.h': No such file or directory

- 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Rather retarded really. I see the file in the include folder, and I have it linking to it.

Oh well. I'll just copy it everywhere its needed.

Does anyone else have Microsoft Visual C++ .net 2003?

Wolf Dreamer

its diffinately a Visual C++ error

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

Even though it is linked to the new folder, it keeps looking for files in the old one. That makes no sense!

If I rename the old folder so it can't find it... well... I already listed that error.

I change it back to its old name, and its still looking in it.

Its diffinately a bug in Visual C++

Or there was a rare problem I had when using Game Maker where I would save and run a program, only to have it run the previous version, because Windows XP didn't always look at the correct version, just remembering what it had in its memory before. Strange, but true.... and absolutely tragic.

Wolf Dreamer

found out my problem... doh!

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

Tools, options, projects, VC++ directories... thats where I find the thing to set include files. Doh!

I instead clicked on page properties and linked it there in the debug options, which normally works, but I had apparently linked in the proper manner to the old directories, thus the problems.

OK... my fault. Nevermind.

Got the new example to compile and run. It did try to connect to the internet though. That is just so weird/irritating... kind of like me sometimes. ;)

I'm playing around with the options, but I can't find anything to stop it from trying to connect to the internet. It doesn't launch any browsers.