Cartoon Fantasy Theme Pack available from Arteria

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
yertari

Cartoon Fantasy Theme Pack available from Arteria

Post by yertari »

We have just launched our new Cartoon Fantasy Theme Pack. The pack contains an assortment of fun looking buildings in a fantasy styled cartoon theme. Some of the buildings are posted here.
As well as the buildings, the pack also contains 5 music tracks, 4 sky cubes, and trees

http://www.arteria-gaming.com/cartoonfantasy.html

omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

wowowow :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :) :)
amazing!!!
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Looks definitly great, as always... :D

Would be nice though if you would post screens that are actually rendered with irrlicht, would be more meaningful imo.
YASS - Yet Another Space Shooter - www.yass-engine.de
Frank-Lho

Post by Frank-Lho »

I've looked at your web and at a pack a friend got from you. You are using a few textures from the Total Textures collection http://www.3dtotal.com/ ... What about the copy rights?
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Your site makes me wish I had money.
Luben

Post by Luben »

Isn't this what they call SPAM? :)
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
sRc

Post by sRc »

Luben wrote:Isn't this what they call SPAM? :)
thats what I said when he posted his first pack :roll: he hasnt contributed anything else to the forum
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
zeno60

Post by zeno60 »

The Anaconda wrote:
Luben wrote:Isn't this what they call SPAM? :)
thats what I said when he posted his first pack :roll: he hasnt contributed anything else to the forum
It's related and in an open discussion forum...
sRc

Post by sRc »

FWIW, i'll tell you why I have grief with him. he isn't contributing to the community, he's just here trying to make a buck off the Irrlicht users.

I'm a moderator of a rather large tech forum, and ban for much less obvious spamming. its simply exploiting a userbase for your own purposes. if he was here doing stuff with Irrlicht, working with the community, and also selling his stuff on the side, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it. if we had some sort of separate listing for people that sell products that could be used, that'd be fine. but every single post, from his first one, has been him selling stuff here. that, at its base, is spam.

he seems to be a nice guy, but that's not the point. I really am not pleased with people who exploit a community like this. there's a time and place for such ads (such as signatures), but using an established community of another product for such things is not one of them

thats my problem with it. I dont run this forum so w/e, but thats the way the forums I do run or moderate are structured.
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Let me know what forums you run, so I can avoid them like the plague! :twisted:

I think the packs are sweet, and very cheap. I'm even considering buying a few.

It's great to have this stuff posted here, because there are a lot of programmers here, who can't make crap for graphics. Also, I can think of 1 person that has offered a decent graphics mode in this community and it's not nearly as good a quality as this stuff is.
zeno60

Post by zeno60 »

Agreed. He posts like once/twice a month and all his packs have been stellar and reasonably priced. I would consider it as spam if it was unwanted and clogging up the fourms, but some people are interested, and he's kept it in the correct places. Could he just create one post and update it as packs are released like many of the projects that are announced? Of course. But I doubt he is trying to exploit irrlicht users, and he is certainly not in it for the money. Look at some of the prices on turbosquid for basic boxes compared to the price of yertari's stuff for a steal. I don't like the idea of hindering talented artists from showcasing their work (be it for money or not) if anything we should support it, get more talented artists.
Luben

Post by Luben »

But you can't get away from the fact that at a first glance this thread gives the impression of being spam :)

What about making a new forum for artistically gifted people, who want to discuss things related to what artist's do? Like displaying models you are proud of, spamming (:)), talking about exporters/modellers or texture creation... things that would fit better in an artist'ish forum which would still be (somewhat)related to irrlicht?
Spintz wrote:Also, I can think of 1 person that has offered a decent graphics mode in this community and it's not nearly as good a quality as this stuff is.
Just wondering, what is a graphics mode?
zeno60

Post by zeno60 »

Luben wrote:But you can't get away from the fact that at a first glance this thread gives the impression of being spam :)
Dosen't look like spam to me, and apparently 6 of the 8 who replied agree.
Luben wrote: What about making a new forum for artistically gifted people, who want to discuss things related to what artist's do? Like displaying models you are proud of, spamming (:)), talking about exporters/modellers or texture creation... things that would fit better in an artist'ish forum which would still be (somewhat)related to irrlicht?
If your fine with it being in another forum, why are you not OK with it being in the open discussion forum? If it is simply to help it stay out of your way, just ignore the post before you click on it. There isn't one google adsense on his site and he is not forcing anyone to buy anything. Just a simple freelance modeler showcasing his talents, if users on an open-source indie forum can't appreciate that, then I don't know what the world has come to.

[/drama]
Just wondering, what is a graphics mode?
Perhaps he meant "model" or "modeler."
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

yes, modeler.
Luben

Post by Luben »

zeno60 wrote:zeno60's last post
Lubens slaps zeno60 out of existence for being a bunghole who misinterprets more than he has to
Yes, i just made that quote up. :evil:
Reread my posts and you'll see that i'm not the least negative in any way. Oh, it looks like spam? So what, it does, even if it's accepted on this forum. A HUMOROUS COMMENT IS THAT EVIL? :x
I'd post a link to a spam site, but you'r not worth the time to find one.
[/Hate]

I totally did not see that it should have been modeler :shock: I thought it was some... something :)

Yes, i'd like to see a new forum for that kind of things. :!: