2 to solve(2 solved)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
omar shaaban

2 to solve(2 solved)

Post by omar shaaban »

welcome 007 your mission is to answer the 2 questions so u can ....mmm.... lets say the cheeseburger anyway here are the questions:
1-what is the best or good format for exporting 3d biped or skinned models ?
2-can i add multitexture to my model as my model is divided into ids so can i assign each id a texture?
Last edited by omar shaaban on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

For number 1, I think B3D is looking best overall, but there is not much support for free modellers to export to b3d so if your going free .X may be your only (decent) option. ms3d is good too if you have MilkShape which is relatively cheap.
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

:o well i make my own models i will use b3d but what about my second question!!
pin3

Post by pin3 »

On the bit about using biped, my guess is you can't export animation that uses biped. Although I might be wrong I tried it one and it didn't work, also I think a saw someone on the forums saying biped doesn't work.

Maybe someone can confirm/deny.
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

well i know there is a way to change it from bip to skin anyway about my second question i found that in 3d studio max when i export my model to .3ds it exports with the .3ds the textures and the UV mapping :wink:
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Biped works for b3d and x.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

If you want to apply different textures to suboarts of your mesh you have to assign those parts different materials in your modeller. Each material should already carry its own material, but you can also assign new ones manually.