Problems with input

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Eldritch

Problems with input

Post by Eldritch »

I found the way input was handled by Irrlicht to be quite ineffective so I went along and used DirectInput instead (C#). But, it seems like Irrlicht captures all user input before DirectInput. Is there any way to override this and stop Irrlicht from caring about input at all?
Riki

Post by Riki »

This is simply not true since I was using DirectInput before. But after building a few wrapper clases that made the Irrlicht input much easyier to use I decided to drop the DirectInput part for the sake of less external references and cross platform compatibility.

You could just not implement/set an event receiver and that way never get any Irrlicht input. You might as well just prevent keyinputs by returning true in the OnEvent() if its an keyboardinput event.
Eldritch

Post by Eldritch »

I solved this a while ago. It was a bit tricky, but now it is working perfectly, though I am not using DirectInput but Irrlicht events combined with an input manager.