Proposal for Open Source Counter-Strike type game

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
anarkavre

Proposal for Open Source Counter-Strike type game

Post by anarkavre »

I am making this proposal to all the current makers of FPS games with the Irrlicht Engine. I am thinking of turning IrrlichtFPS into a open source Counter-Strike type game where you buy weapons and items and play in a multiplayer game. If anyone of you are interested in coming together to create such a game please let me know by replying or e-mailing me. Thank you.
"Without curiosity and knowledge, the mind is a vast void. Without the mind, curiosity and knowledge are nonexistent."
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Hey, kinda like my game, except i have a little different concept. I'd gladly help you though, and steal some code for centaur force (specifically your spline + level descript code ;-) ). PM, Aim, or e-mail me if you want me to help.
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
Mercior

Post by Mercior »

Counter-Strike? /me shudders :p

Interesting idea.. it does seem like theres several of us all working on similar fps engines but I suspect everyone has different ideas on what the final game should be like :) Personally I am just developing iEng as a fps engine - I have no plans to actually make a full game with it myself and I do plan to release my source at some point.

If you wanted to work developing iEng (networking, vehicles, better ai & character control, improved level editing, new weapons) then I'd be happy to do that ;) I'd rather work with the iEng base code because I dont particularly like ICE and I think my framework is better suited to a FPS game. I've already written most the core systems (sound, weapons, monsters, ai, physics, cut-scenes, player movement, the entity system & the editor) - they just need expanding now.
anarkavre

Post by anarkavre »

Actually Mercior, I think I will help you on your engine. Is that alright if i join your project or create a game based upon your source code?
"Without curiosity and knowledge, the mind is a vast void. Without the mind, curiosity and knowledge are nonexistent."
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

hmm...I think it'd be better not terrorist-counter terrorist...imho.

But a different idea.

While I keep liking the buy weapons at the beguining of cs.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
schick

Post by schick »

Mercior wrote:Counter-Strike? /me shudders :p

Interesting idea.. it does seem like theres several of us all working on similar fps engines but I suspect everyone has different ideas on what the final game should be like :) Personally I am just developing iEng as a fps engine - I have no plans to actually make a full game with it myself and I do plan to release my source at some point.

If you wanted to work developing iEng (networking, vehicles, better ai & character control, improved level editing, new weapons) then I'd be happy to do that ;) I'd rather work with the iEng base code because I dont particularly like ICE and I think my framework is better suited to a FPS game. I've already written most the core systems (sound, weapons, monsters, ai, physics, cut-scenes, player movement, the entity system & the editor) - they just need expanding now.
Well, could i have a look at your code. I am still learning c++ and reading sources is probably the best way to learn a programming language. Furthermore at some point i want to write my own game :-).
xhrit

Post by xhrit »

> because I dont particularly like ICE and I think my framework is better suited to a FPS game.

ICE is not fun. I just spent the last wake-cycle porting it to linux and integrating the tech-demo into it. Mercior, what did you say about source?

I have a free copy ov blender and can cut and paste code all day...

:shock:

I will call my game 'cut and paste arena'.

:roll: