Direct X problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Requiem

Direct X problem

Post by Requiem »

Hi, i hav a problem when running my program with direct x driver either 8.1 or 9.. The error i've got is that "Driver is not compile into this dll"
When i compile and run the existing example on irrlicht I get the same error of driver not compile in it.
But when I execute the bin and use the direct X driver It work perfectly well

Someone know how I could fix this error??
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Read the FAQ or directly recompile the library with DirectX support.
virtual x

Post by virtual x »

if you need DirectX support, goto http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=20203 to download the DLL and lib files, but this is for Visual C++ express edition 2005.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

I have the dll and the lib files where do I put them ??
virtual x

Post by virtual x »

if your refering to the VC++ 2005 express edition Lib files then put the files in your {irrlicht path}\lib\Win32-visualstudio folder and put the DLL in the folder where the exe will be compiled.

have you set VC++ 2005 to run win32 apps first btw? I'm not sure if you need to do this first or not. try it first and see what it does.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

Nope , i'm using dev C++, but I think i understand. Thanks,
I understand what to do but I dont know how to do it. So my question is how to I compile irrlicht dll with direct x???
virtual x

Post by virtual x »

I dont use DevC++, switch to CodeBlocks - they are actively developing this and producing updates / patches constantly!