Possible inclusions for 1.4, or even sooner (hopefully)

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
fleven_2001

Possible inclusions for 1.4, or even sooner (hopefully)

Post by fleven_2001 »

Of all the things i can think of to be included in the 1.4 version of irrlicht... a couple come to mind:
AVI Player.
Animation Blending.

so long have i searched and tried to get a simple avi playing in irrlicht, and failed, and then how many people would love to have their animated character walk and shoot WITHOUT having to create a "WalkAndShoot" animation!

other than that, i cant complain! Irrlicht is still the easiest games engine to use, Congrats on the good work!

I would like to hear what other people thing on the matter...

EDIT::

V1.4 sorry... :)
Last edited by fleven_2001 on Sat May 05, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sRc

Post by sRc »

since 1.3's already been released, its too late for those things to be released with 1.3 or earlier :lol: :lol:

:wink:
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Animation blending is under development and there are several working avi players available.
kburkhart84

Post by kburkhart84 »

hybrid wrote:Animation blending is under development and there are several working avi players available.
Sweet. Both of these are awesome, but the one I really want is the animation blending.
BlindSide
Admin

Re: Possible inclusions for 1.4, or even sooner (hopefully)

Post by BlindSide »

fleven_2001 wrote: WITHOUT having to create a "WalkAndShoot" animation!
What kind of silly person would make a "WalkAndShoot" animation? Just split the body up into 2 meshes like they did in Quake 3...

OR What I am planning on doing is controlling the animation through bones by code so I can decide exactly whats happening where.
swesoulc

Post by swesoulc »

as far as I have seen the avi players for irrlicht have become outdated, or are DX Dependant
if you know a good one that works with 1.3 and in OpenGl please share the info hybrid, much appreciated.

If I am to ask for a feature, it's for the moment just 1 thing : To be able to hide the borders of the meshviewer
it's bugging the hell out of me atm.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I haven't tried my avi player for some time now, but it should still work with only some minor tweaks. Emil's movie texture had severe problems with non-ARGB8 textures, so might need some more fixes. And there had been another one based on ffmplayer(?) which should also work on most platforms.
swesoulc

Post by swesoulc »

ya hybrid, sorry but I'll take that as a "no there ain't any working avi players atm. for irrlicht" by that I think a working player for irrlicht should work on all platforms and by that at least in opengl or burningV
It's simply something that should be in the engine in the long run... well... no rush I guess... maybe a 2.0 feature