Entry Point not found

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Blue Fly

Entry Point not found

Post by Blue Fly »

Every time I try to debug or run the project, I get a Entry Point not found...

The procedure entry point ?createDevice@irr@@YAPAVIrrlichtDevice@1@W4E_DRIVER_TYPE@video@1@ABV?$dimension2d@H@core@1@l_N22PAVIEventReceiver@1@PBD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Irrlicht.dll

what do i do?
cylicht

Post by cylicht »

First, you post more information. I don't think anyone can help you with that much.
HLFat

Post by HLFat »

Sounds like you are using the wrong DLL.

What development tools are you using?
Blue Fly

Post by Blue Fly »

I am using Visual Studio C++ 2005 and I am trying to do the Quake tutorial and every time I try to compile the code i get the error that i posted above. And at first I had problem with the Irrlicht.dll and then I placed it in to the project file with the rest of my project.
HLFat

Post by HLFat »

Well...I don't know for sure what your problem is,but you want to use the lib file from the folder \lib\Win32-visualstudio:irrlicht.lib,and use the DLL from the folder \bin\win32-visualstudio:irrlicht.dll.

Put copies of both of those in the same folder where you are working,such as 02.Quake3Map.
Luben

Post by Luben »

Maybe you only use the lib in the release config, you'll have to set it to in debug too.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Blue Fly

Post by Blue Fly »

What do you mean by that?

Here is a screen Shot of my problem

Click on the image to enlarge, and click again to see it even bigger.