can i import .x model into 3ds max

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Georgian

can i import .x model into 3ds max

Post by Georgian »

hi,
I had a little accident :( i created a animation using max7 exported using exporter which comes with DX SDK and it worked ok, but system failure (god damn XP ) and after screensaver it requested non existing password so had to restart, now i need an importer to bring it back to max.
help please,
using Visual Studio 2003 , I use 3D Max 7, I love irrlicht its a really good and easy engine
TheGameMaker

Post by TheGameMaker »

allready reformated your sys, or is there still hope??
(don´t know if you set a pw on the REAL admin, just visible in safemode)
if you still have your data, but not have set a PW, just reboot in safemode and login as ADMIN.. there you can replace your Pw of the other usual accs..
(and even set a PW on ADMIN)
Georgian

Post by Georgian »

no data is fine and i can log on after i restarted my pc it didnot request nothing, i also have second OS installed so its no problem but my model in 3Dmax usable format is lost i didnot save it and than i couldnot because i had to restart without having a chance to save
using Visual Studio 2003 , I use 3D Max 7, I love irrlicht its a really good and easy engine
Dances

Post by Dances »

Top Menu - Tools - DirectX Mesh Tools... - Import .x file

If you've not got that, then MS3D can convert.