DX SDK hasn't got a .X exporter?

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Mania-92

DX SDK hasn't got a .X exporter?

Post by Mania-92 »

I've got 3ds max 9 and DX SDK (april 07), I thought DX SDK comes with a .x exporter, so I started 3ds but in the export menu there was no .x.

So my question is where can I find it, or isn't there any? :(
greenya

Re: DX SDK hasn't got a .X exporter?

Post by greenya »

Mania-92 wrote:I've got 3ds max 9 and DX SDK (april 07), I thought DX SDK comes with a .x exporter, so I started 3ds but in the export menu there was no .x.

So my question is where can I find it, or isn't there any? :(
As I remember DX SDK comes with couple of converters from foreign format to X format. So you should create a model in 3dmax then choose export and select 3DS format. Then you should find in DX SDK folder where the converter lies ( in is folder with alot of binaries, most ( if not all ) of them are console applications ).
Ico

Post by Ico »

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK\Utilities\Bin\PlugIns"?

But only see exporters for Maya 3D and Photoshop.
Mania-92

Post by Mania-92 »

Found in the folder a aplication that's calt "MeshConvert" but it doesn't start...
vizzy

Post by vizzy »

Mania-92

Post by Mania-92 »

Thanx, I exported my file using Panda... But when I load it in DX viewer it crashes (Every model I load crashes), my friend's DX viewer loads it with no problem. :?

How to fix this?
Error: Image
Ico

Post by Ico »

Tried loading it in irrlicht? That ms viewer sometimes crashes for me even for simple meshes that work in games etc without any flaw.
Mania-92

Post by Mania-92 »

When I load it in irrlicht it is totaly beyond repair,
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Then chances are high that the model is beyond repair. I don't think that you find any software which will fix such problems.
Ico

Post by Ico »

Nu' geht's aber ab hier... ;)

What about that error messages in the console? "Could not..."? Anything interesting?
Mania-92

Post by Mania-92 »

hybrid wrote:Then chances are high that the model is beyond repair. I don't think that you find any software which will fix such problems.
.max file is fine, and .x file works fine in my friend's directx viewer, so Irrlicht is funking it up.

And the errors are nothing special, it can't find some textures, but that has nothing to do with this model.
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

how does the model looks like than in max?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I just tried to come down to the level he seems to understand :wink:
I did not read your small letter wrods, so it seems that it is your system, not the model which is broken. As you might have read on the forum there are some exporters which require an additional mview.exe resave before it is working in Irrlicht. If you can't do that you won't succeed with Irrlicht - otherwise we would not suggest to do it.
Mania-92

Post by Mania-92 »

hybrid wrote:I just tried to come down to the level he seems to understand :wink:
I did not read your small letter wrods, so it seems that it is your system, not the model which is broken. As you might have read on the forum there are some exporters which require an additional mview.exe resave before it is working in Irrlicht. If you can't do that you won't succeed with Irrlicht - otherwise we would not suggest to do it.
I'd love to do that, but if you don't say where I can find it. :roll:
Oh, and before you say I didn't searched, I did. I found 9. MeshViewer but it doesn't has a save function, so... :wink:
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

http://bitplane.net/dump/mview.zip

2 different versions I've found are in there, perhaps one of them is less likely to crash than the other
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room